Super Talent USB 3.0 RAIDDrive is Super Fast

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Nice and all.
However, it is quite pricey (there's cheaper solid state drives available at the same capacity).
I remember reading a article once about a guy doing a USB RAID... it was doable, but was riddled with problems and performance flaws... I hope this does a lot better.

Why use a single 64GB when you can sue two 32GB?
I'd think the only difference would be the controller anyways.
Now we just need SSDs that utilize every memory chip independantly for better performance... (maybe even run a dual sided RAM DIMM in dual channel mode on its own, making 4GB modules feasible).

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
The increased throughput is much needed and appreciated. This is going to be a blessing when moving huge data files around on my externals... Price though is probably not going to be cheap. Lets see a usb3.0 raid setup!

G

What would happen if you connect the USB drive to a USB2 port?
How much would the speed be affected?

I'm looking for a bootable USB stick fast enough to run an OS from, and because SLC chips are too expensive, the only solution I know now is a fast MLC USB2 stick.
Good enough to run Ubuntu, and XP, though be it a bit slow when writing and reading is done at the same time.

hannibal

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]Will it be backwards compatible with USB 2.0? Cause that would make it perfect.[/citation]

Yes it is. Ofcource it is as slow as any other USB 2.0 device, but it's backward compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.