Super-Thin iMac May Be Delayed Months to 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

friskiest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Uhmm,. I don't have own an iMac (or any AIO) but I've used one before,.

I don't see the point of making it thinner on the sides when you'll use it facing the front 99% of the time,.

Just keep the same dimensions,. cram in even faster hardware and better cooling,. a fully-pegged HDD on those enclosure could run cooler.

G

5mm?? Seems incredibly thin for a 'real' x86 PC, or is it going to be a giant iPad with a keyboard and mouse?

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Can't wait for the 'i' products to be so thin that they aren't even there. ;)

Seriously though, if they lower prices and stop being so pompous (i.e. the Steve-o legacy dies out), I might consider an 'i' product.

Well ...on second thoughts, no ...probably not gonna happen.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]Wolley74[/nom]if you look at the picture, the edge is 5mm, the back is same as it always was, just a thicker part with a curve[/citation]
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you feed your sheep.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Seeing as an i3 + PCB is by itself more than 5mm in depth, either this will be ARM-based, or they will simply have the guts in the base instead of behind the screen.

Or the 5mm is a marketing ploy (something like 5mm at it's thinnest point...etc).

G

thin imac for what? zombies effect by apple virus still can't carry it around like I did with my zenbook anyway.

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
As I've said before this guy does little more than pluck yesterday's stories from other sites. Apple has already dismissed these roumers and started shipping units to the distributors! Where do these made up stories come from?

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
As always, negative and stupid comments from hardcore iHaters. If Samsung were the one to use this technology in their products, comments above will be completely different.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]As always, negative and stupid comments from hardcore iHaters. If Samsung were the one to use this technology in their products, comments above will be completely different.[/citation]

Trust me, if Samsung made these craps, we'll say similar things.
You still don't get it do you? The world outside iOS and Mac OSX, CHOICE. When one OEM/company fails, we can always pick another one.

For example, if Samsung fails in smart phone I can always go to Motorola(HTC just got lowered in my to-consider list after I hear the rumors about them dealing with devils).
Another example, if Samsung try to BS us with thin computing, we'll just go with ASUS or HP/Dell.

What do you got? if Apple fails(of course Apple can't fail, it's you, the stupid users that can/will failed), anyway, if Apple fails, you can go with... Lord Steve J to heaven/hell, where he'll take care you ;)

-posted by a former iLover, I had iphone 3gs, ipad 2 and 2011 13" MBA, NO MORE. my ethnics won't let me support the Arrogant Asshole Apple.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]blakbird24[/nom]Seeing as an i3 + PCB is by itself more than 5mm in depth, either this will be ARM-based, or they will simply have the guts in the base instead of behind the screen. Or the 5mm is a marketing ploy (something like 5mm at it's thinnest point...etc).[/citation]

lol, so much speculation on a product that has been revealed in full. It definitely aint ARM.

It's the standard Quad Core desktop i5 and i7's (top's out at 3770), and the top end GPU is the 680MX (overclocked 680M).

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]Trust me, if Samsung made these craps, we'll say similar things.You still don't get it do you? The world outside iOS and Mac OSX, CHOICE. When one OEM/company fails, we can always pick another one.For example, if Samsung fails in smart phone I can always go to Motorola(HTC just got lowered in my to-consider list after I hear the rumors about them dealing with devils).Another example, if Samsung try to BS us with thin computing, we'll just go with ASUS or HP/Dell.What do you got? if Apple fails(of course Apple can't fail, it's you, the stupid users that can/will failed), anyway, if Apple fails, you can go with... Lord Steve J to heaven/hell, where he'll take care you -posted by a former iLover, I had iphone 3gs, ipad 2 and 2011 13" MBA, NO MORE. my ethnics won't let me support the Arrogant Asshole Apple.[/citation]

So much anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the darkside. I fear this is why you have abandoned your great mother apple. I will pray for you.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you feed your sheep.[/citation]

i'm saying it's not thinner -.-

benbass

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
People with critical thinking don't like Apple because of how they advertise: "it's thinner!" "it larger!" "it's smaller!" "nonono this one is the bigger size of the smaller devise from the regular size".
There is no anger or anything, just look at how Apple advertise their new shinny iMac ("it's moar thin !1!"), and look at what it really is : http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcd658eHaP1qas7tbo1_500.jpg (yes, Apple takes their customer for retard).

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]pacomac[/nom]As I've said before this guy does little more than pluck yesterday's stories from other sites. Apple has already dismissed these roumers and started shipping units to the distributors! Where do these made up stories come from?[/citation]

To feed the TH iHater trolls of course ;)

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]As always, negative and stupid comments from hardcore iHaters. If Samsung were the one to use this technology in their products, comments above will be completely different.[/citation]

Exactly. Its just funny. I guess some do not like US electronic companies and prefer to get everything from foreign companies, go figure. Though I know part of it is hipster hate, meaning anything very popular is not cool and requires to hate on. I will agree that Apple does go through court allot but I am not close minded to not know many competitors borrow heavily from Apple design. I also believe that in order for Apple to remain on top they need to finally drastically change the design of their bread and butter products or introduce new versions.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]blakbird24[/nom]Seeing as an i3 + PCB is by itself more than 5mm in depth, either this will be ARM-based, or they will simply have the guts in the base instead of behind the screen. Or the 5mm is a marketing ploy (something like 5mm at it's thinnest point...etc).[/citation]

Apple states 5mm edge and up to 40% less volume for the iMac. Some of you need to take reading comprehension course.

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Exactly. Its just funny. I guess some do not like US electronic companies and prefer to get everything from foreign companies, go figure. Though I know part of it is hipster hate, meaning anything very popular is not cool and requires to hate on. I will agree that Apple does go through court allot but I am not close minded to not know many competitors borrow heavily from Apple design. I also believe that in order for Apple to remain on top they need to finally drastically change the design of their bread and butter products or introduce new versions.[/citation]

Apple assembles all its products in China.

Samsung actually has plants in the US.

Not very aware, aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.