Super weird network problem

Feb 28, 2018
Hi so
I haven't touched my pc for like 5 days almost as I was in the hospital,
now that I got home Iw as planning on joining my friends with some Overwatch.
I join the discord server we always use (I usually get 17-25 ms) but instead it said 439
im shocked so I restart rejoin and it still comes up, I join a diff EU discord and I get the same ping.
when I try to join a US discord my ping is normal as it only goes up to 100 there so im very confused.
On overwatch when I join EU servers I get about 300-400 ms what is super weird as im known to get good ms (like 20 constant) and so I try US servers and my ping only is like 110 like it normally should. I restarted my PC updated drivers nothing seems to work, even got a friend to help me with some regedit values and they didn't work, network flushes and resets also failed.
this lag stuff is happening on any game btw .
I tried connecting with Tunnelbear (tunnel was in Netherlands) and I get 20ms on EU again.

Im lost rn and I hope someone might be helpful with this.

tldr;
connecting to any eu server (my home server) gives me INSANE lag (from 20 to 400+)
while connecting to US servers give me a normal connection.

Solution
High latency like that is normally due to an overloaded router somewhere between you and what your trying to connect to. Since you can VPN around it, it probably is not your LAN or the link to your ISP. You could use something like pingplotter to try to discover where the slow down is, but I would just run a tracert to one of the slow servers and see where the latency jumps up.

Let us know what you find out.
High latency like that is normally due to an overloaded router somewhere between you and what your trying to connect to. Since you can VPN around it, it probably is not your LAN or the link to your ISP. You could use something like pingplotter to try to discover where the slow down is, but I would just run a tracert to one of the slow servers and see where the latency jumps up.

Let us know what you find out.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS