Question SUPERAntiSpyware 'unknown error' caused by particular .png file

marvindash

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2014
Hi all,

My SUPERAntiSpyware is exhibiting an 'unknown error' when a complete scan is performed. It always freezes when it gets to a particular file and presents the error message. After closing the error message, the only way to get SUPERAntiSpyware to close is to use Ctrl+Alt+Del.

I've located the file that it's having problems with. (For years it never had any problems with it.) This is a .png file called 'Product key Windows 8.1'. I'm using Windows 10 now, so I don't even need this file.

The file itself won't delete, won't allow itself to be moved or renamed. I downloaded Unlocker and tried to force delete it, but Unlocker said it couldn't delete it as it doesn't have a 'lock handle'.
I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling SUPERAntiSpyware, to no avail.

I'm left wondering how to run complete scans on my PC. Quick scans still work.

marvindash

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2014
Thanks for your response, shknawe. Wouldn't that simply deactivate my Windows 10 product key?

The article says 'Obviously, in some cases, you would like to remove your current Windows product key on an old computer '. What I'm trying to do is remove an old product key (incidentally, is a product key just a .png file?) for an operating system that isn't in use on my new computer.

The file itself won't delete, won't allow itself to be moved or renamed. I downloaded Unlocker and tried to force delete it, but Unlocker said it couldn't delete it as it doesn't have a 'lock handle'.
Boot into safe mode and delete your file. PNG is image file format.

I don't understand, why @shknawe started talking about deactivation of windows. What does it have to do with this?

Reactions: Banned by Net

TRENDING THREADS