[SOLVED] Superfetch / Delivery Optimization disable? SSD lifespan

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hello, I think I finally found out why there is massive writes on my SSD (595Days since purchase - 10.2TB samsung 250GB 750 EVO) I think delivery optmization and superfetch causing the problem? I'm planning to disable them both, I read on Google disabling superfetch may increase SSD lifespan which is what I want by stopping insane writes, my all games are in my HDD and only Windows is in the SSD, NVIDIA Shadowplay temp folder is also in my HDD. I have 16GB RAM so pagefile is not problem. My question is, there is any side effects for disabling those services? I dont use Windows Update anyway since I disabled it completely from gpedit.msc so Delivery Optimization is unneeded yes? and the superfetch? Superfetch is set to automatic and runs all the time I noticed. Samsung SSD Tool magician says TRIM is enabled. I was also turned off delivery thingy from settings however it still runs at background.

Should I disable this two services to stop/reduce writes on my ssd? 10.2TB in 595day of purchase is too much writes I think,

Thanks

Solution
10.2TB in 595 days is not all that much.

My current C drive, 500GB 850 EVO, has 27TBW in 1055 days.
Twice the time, a little bit more that twice the writes.

Your use over time is absolutely not 'massive'.

And 10TB is only 14% of the warranty, in just under 2 years.
Extrapolating out this sustained use rate, that gives you 14 years before you hit the 70TBW warranty number from Samsung.
Do you plan to still be using this 250GB drive in 2031?
Probably not...;)

But yes, you can turn the SuperFetch off.

USAFRet

Titan
10.2TB in 595 days is not all that much.

My current C drive, 500GB 850 EVO, has 27TBW in 1055 days.
Twice the time, a little bit more that twice the writes.

Your use over time is absolutely not 'massive'.

And 10TB is only 14% of the warranty, in just under 2 years.
Extrapolating out this sustained use rate, that gives you 14 years before you hit the 70TBW warranty number from Samsung.
Do you plan to still be using this 250GB drive in 2031?
Probably not...;)

But yes, you can turn the SuperFetch off.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Solution