Supermicro Server boards will no longer boot with 2 CPUs

jimga150

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
We got 5 Supermicro X10DRI-T Server boards, and we were able to build on and ship it with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2687W v3 processors, 256GB RAM, and 3 GeForce Titan Xs. The thing worked flawlessly. then, one day, the board i was building wouldn't boot. the POST code was DC. So i tried another board, another build. same thing. finally i took the second CPU out of that board and it booted fine. I tried this on all 4 of our remaining boards and the story is the same. Suddenly, all 4 boards simultaneously got this issue: with 2 CPUs installed, it doesnt boot and exits DC. with 1 CPU, it boots just dandy. We called Supermicro and they said that DC doesnt correspond with any error list they have for that board. So we updated the BIOS from 1.0a to 1.1a. Same issue: however now, they say in the corner "DIMM Failure" above "System Initializing...". All the processors, RAM, and PSUs are confirmed working because we can make all the parts work with the 1 CPU setup. Is there something we're missing here? At a total loss.

Sensei Gamer

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
I don't really know about this problem, but try using only 1 Titan X at the PCI-E slot closest to the Processor, or the highest PCI-E slot, See if that works. Try only using 1 stick of RAM and see if it works. If there are any other peripherals connected to the PCI,PCI-E slots, remove it. Do all these steps with the 2 processors in their sockets. Cheers!