Question Supermicro X9DRD-iT+ proprietary PCIe slots pinout?

May 5, 2021
Hello

do any one know what is the pinout of these - they say - proprietary PCIe slots on the X9DRD-iT+ ?

They seem to have a standard pcie x1 and x16 socket, however physically offset'ed from the regular pcie position. They told me RSC-R1UW-E16 Riser Card will work in the 32x row of slots, which would give one x16 slot looking to the side. What about the other x16 slot on the motherboard? Can I Plug a standrad pcie x1 riser there?

The 3 connectors of the x32 slot look like two standard x1 pcie slots (by connector) and in the middle in between there is some proprietary connector type.

Do one of you know what is the real pinout of these two looking-like-x1 slots and the other looking-like-x16 slot?

thanks

reference https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X9DRD-iT_.cfm

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The definition of proprietary means that it's bespoke. Off the shelf parts shouldn't work with it, unless you have gear from Supermicro or a brand/company that specializes with that slot. One notable example is how Dell OptiPlex's had proprietary connectors for the power input and output, which meant you couldn't tamper with the prebuilt.

May 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The definition of proprietary means that it's bespoke. Off the shelf parts shouldn't work with it, unless you have gear from Supermicro or a brand/company that specializes with that slot. One notable example is how Dell OptiPlex's had proprietary connectors for the power input and output, which meant you couldn't tamper with the prebuilt.

it can mean anything... from having different pinout over different placement on the board and so on. That slot uses standard pcie x1 conenctors, so the question is: is the pinout same as standard pcie 1x and just the physical placement is different, or is also the electrical pinout different and I will fry the board if I plug a standard x1 riser there. Unless you have the spec OR you try it out it is hard to say, that's why I am asking!