Supplemental Power Killing My System? Help!

Jan 25, 2014
Hey I was doing a computer build for a close friend and everything was going to plan. I got the system running, windows starting and even started downloading some steam games. I quickly ran into unexpected problems. After 30 mins of computing and downloading the latest drivers the system goes blank. I quickly go into the bios and turn off my test overclock (4.2Ghz). The later we were trying to set up another monitor connection and the system shut down again. This time it would not recover. The fans flickered for a second then shut down within moments. This has been the state of it ever since. The next few days I try to fiddle with the system and discover through testing that it was not the power supply by bringing a brand new one in (same wattage). The problem with the instant shut down was the supplemental power (as the title states). The system would turn on and the fans would run. We couldn't test if it was booting because the monitor wasn't receiving signal. As soon as I plugged the supplemental power into the equation the system auto shutdown. I can't tell what I am doing wrong and any help would be ever so greatly appreciated. Also, if you need me to clear anything up I am totally willing.
Thanks, Infinity
Specs:
CPU : 4770K @ 4.2Ghz
GPU : Nvidia GeForce 780 ti
Motherboard : Asus Rog 1150 Formula VI
CPU Cooler : H100i with 2 Noctua NF-F12s
Power supply : SeaSonic Platinum-1000 1000W Modular Power Supply
HDD : 2 WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB
SSD : Samsung 840 pro 256 Gigs
RAM : Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 X 8GB)
CD Drive : LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive
Case : Rosewill Thor V2 White

Nuclear101

Honorable
No, the PSU shouldn't break the system but I will really recommend changing the PSU to something with 650-750 watts. I use a Corsair AX 760i and it can run everything you listed, but replace the H100i with a full custom loop with 10 fans.