Supreme Court To Decide If Cops Need A Warrant For Your Phone’s Location History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we already know how this will turn out. I imagine it will fall under some anti-terrorism something or other where you automatically forfeit all right by using a phone or something like that.

All that non-identifying data is connected. On its own, it isn't all that identifiable. However, using that data in conjunction with other data, it starts to become identifiable... AND THEY KNOW IT! SIM card data by itself isn't all that identifiable, but start plugging it into phone carrier databases, and soon you can start identifying who it is that has it... might need a few more pieces, might not.

Metadata is just a collection of pieces to a puzzle. Individually, you can't always tell what puzzle you got, but when you got a large enough collection of the pieces, you will eventually identify it.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Indeed, but in the American legal system, getting the necessary warrants wouldn't pose an even slight problem. The threat I'm referring to isn't terrorism, but that a citizen's privacy somehow hinders justice.

The City of London's leadership that are running their mouths are visibly Tech ignorant. (However, they might not be if they have ulterior motives.) You can shut off website like toysrus.com (to pick a safe name) because you think nefarious activity is going on but are they aware of the Dark Web, and are they willing to try to shut down and filter the unseen portion of the iceberg? It's all Security Theater for our benefit. (well, for the populace of London anyway.)

DiSiPr

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Like so much felony misconduct of the US Government in recent years, none of this would be acceptable during the cold war. Now, Americans passionately want to be brainwashed into believing this is not only constitutional but lawful. American democracy, R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.