Question Sure could use help selecting monitor

pooj

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
I haven't purchased a monitor in 16 or 17 years and didn't really know much about them back then. I've nailed it down (I think) between the Asus Tuf VG27AQ1A and the Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ. Is it worth paying the extra for the latter XG and if so what makes it worth it?

Then there's the LG 27" UltraGear 27GP850-B QHD. That's a consideration, but even more money for older gen USB ports. Not sure it's worth it over the ROG? Didn't know it would be so difficult to decide. And it seems like monitors on the various websites are two to three years old.
Thanks for any advice on these possible displays.

Mar 31, 2023
I haven't purchased a monitor in 16 or 17 years and didn't really know much about them back then. I've nailed it down (I think) between the Asus Tuf VG27AQ1A and the Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ. Is it worth paying the extra for the latter XG and if so what makes it worth it?

Then there's the LG 27" UltraGear 27GP850-B QHD. That's a consideration, but even more money for older gen USB ports. Not sure it's worth it over the ROG? Didn't know it would be so difficult to decide. And it seems like monitors on the various websites are two to three years old.
Thanks for any advice on these possible displays.
based on rtings review for these 3 monitors, they are actually the same not much of a big difference, just pick the cheaper one or the one that looks better for you.

Reactions: pooj

pooj

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Just one more question. If my eyes are approximately 37" from the screen, would a 32" screen be too overwhelming for my eyes, etc? Having second thoughts about a 27"