Question Surface Book 3 touchscreen not working

PsychoManiac21

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
Hi,

I have a surface book 3 and the touchscreen will periodically go out. Generally what happens is I will use it for about an hour or so and suddenly it will get laggy and then stop. It might turn on for a split second and get one action but then it will stop again. I was wondering if there are any fixes that I have not tried already.

So far I have reset the drivers for the touchscreen, updated windows, and used the Microsoft surface diagnostic toolkit. Have restarted the computer as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Did you go through this guide;
?

So far I have reset the drivers for the touchscreen, updated windows, and used the Microsoft surface diagnostic toolkit. Have restarted the computer as well.
Seems like you're just shy of reinstalling the OS on your platform. I'd advise on fabricating a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools, then backing up any and/or all critical content from the laptop onto a removable drive, then proceed to reinstall the OS.

You could try and reset the PS, using said bootable USB installer though it'd be a good idea to start anew.