Surface Headphones Hands-On: Dial It Louder

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I hate how everyone complains about the price. Why bother posting? You clearly have never tried these headphones to even comment on the $350 tag.

These headphones seem to be aimed at competing with the Sony 1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35. If the cancellation works nearly as well as the Sony headphones (which I own) and are as comfortable as the Bose, they'll have a place.

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
If price is a big concern and not needing ANC, then I would not go for the cheaper one. It would be ignorant of me to comment on "if it's worth it" without trying them both out :)

g-unit1111

Titan

It's worth it!!!!! Buy it!!!! Because who cares about having a savings account? YOLO!!!! :lol:

D

Deleted member 217926

Because the 58X don't have noise cancelling nor are they even close to the last word in sound quality. ;)

g-unit1111

Titan

Well there's arguments both for and against the high price tag. And we've seen that argument made with a lot of the higher priced goods that have been coming around lately, like the RTX 2080TI and the iPhone Xr. Sure, there's reasons why you would want a $1400 phone or a $1,000 GPU and there's reasons why you wouldn't.

The thing I don't get is, feature wise, they really don't bring anything new to the table. And if it's branding they're going for (which to me it seems like the case here) then there's also far more reputable audio brands out there with headphones that are comparably priced that have better quality and are much more practical to own.

Obviously Microsoft is trying to compete with Apple and their Beats line. But even the most high end top of the line Beats models are currently retailing for around the $200 mark. Which one do you think is going to sell more?

D

Deleted member 217926

As said above these are most likely aimed at the Sony 1000XM2 and Bose QC 35 both of which deliver near audiophile sound as well as having noise cancelling technology. People that buy Beats either 1) Don't know any better or 2) Buy for the fashion statement.