Surprise! There Will be an Octa-core SoC Samsung Galaxy S5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
OK, ok, we get it. Bunch of Android fansbois here. Either way, whatever Apple does, Samsung will follow. At least Samsung is good at producing devices and even able to beat Apple with rumored products to market first...heh.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Awe, don't ruin a low-information Apple fangirl's ignorance of reality...they live in their own rose-colored world.
Yes, Samsung put S5 in their phones because Android had finger print scanner 2 years ago not that the iPhone 5S which is their biggest competition, LOL!Sheer ignorance of how product development and markets work. Samsung did not react to first to market feature but a feature in a phone that it's trying to reach same market penetration and competes with as its biggest threat, iPhone 5S. Get real, just Samsung doing what it does best, copying Apple.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Awe, don't ruin a low-information Apple fangirl's ignorance of reality...they live in their own rose-colored world.
Yes, Samsung put S5 in their phones because Android had finger print scanner 2 years ago not that the iPhone 5S which is their biggest competition, LOL!Sheer ignorance of how product development and markets work. Samsung did not react to first to market feature but a feature in a phone that it's trying to reach same market penetration and competes with as its biggest threat, iPhone 5S. Get real, just Samsung doing what it does best, copying Apple.
android phones were the first t market with finger print readers. you are just way too dumb.
You clearly do not understand first to market versus viable market for a product.I can invent a flying car and be first to the market, sell a few units and make zero impact in markets and society.Honda can come out with a $100K flying car after me and it successful, Then all competitors copy it.Notices how I said Android may have been first to market 2 years ago with a finger print scanner and how Samsung with its Galaxy lines never bothered with it? But all of a sudden when its main competitor and the phone that outsells its top end line comes out with a feature months later they incorporate the exact same feature?I have no idea why I even responded to someone who has no clue about business, product development and simple economics...

Guys... Seriously?Why you can at all who has what first, or who copied who. If you want to be pissed of at something, at least make it at something that makes sense.Like the fact that those phones are made in such a way that their durability is non existant.Or the fact that they squezze a FULL HD display in a phone... while many 50 inch plasmas still have HD resolution (like.... facepalm).I would not care to have a HD resolution in a 15 inch laptop, why would i want to pay more for FULL HD AMOLED "and god knows what else" in such a small screen?

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
The phone that outsells its top end line ? Samsung dominates the smartphone market.
You have no followed the smartphone sales since 2007...Samsung aggregate phone sales are most. If you compare their top models to Apple top models its not even close.iPhone 4 came out, highest selling smartphone ever, beat any phone model Samsung ever made.same when 4S and 5 came out.5S has outsold the S4, Samsung's top model.Countless sales charts show this, been true for past 6 years, don't know which rock you've been living under.I'm talking about specific models, not aggregates totals across models of a manufacturer, distinct difference.

alfaalex101

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Honestly, I feel the software on phones just aren't up to par with the hardware power that's on the market. We basically have i7's running Word97 right now - and I'm not prepared to pay extra to go even faster + a few gimmicks. The biggest new feature on the S5 right now is - vanity.

anthony8989

Distinguished

The iphone 4s was/is not the highest selling smartphone of all time. You should probably research a claim that big before spewing it out. Also understand, Samsung's line up of smartphones is 32 units long. Apple has 2 current models at any given time. Arguably the reason they don't control a higher market share. Looking at flag ship model sales when one company has 2 and the other has 32 models total is looking at the picture with one eye closed.

When you say "top end line" to me you're also dragging the Note's, the Galaxy's, and the Galaxy Mini's in to the equation.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
android phones were the first t market with finger print readers. you are just way too dumb.
Apple did not invent tablets but once the iPad came out why did everyone else produce tablets?!? Same with iPhone (Android completely revamped their OS after iOS came out) and same theme applies to Apple's Touch ID and Samsung following. Its not being the first, its being relevant. This is what makes Apple great, they can take existing tech and make it relevant, and appears to be a no brainer yet very very few companies can do it like Apple.

artk2219

Distinguished
Then why when I click on the link to it I get this message? Could not locate remote serverYou tried to access the address http://www.iphoneogram.com/u/22654370, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.Check that the setup of any internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary web browsing.If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the internet. Reload the page.I don't know why you are trying to argue that I don't have a Galaxy S4. It is unfortunately sitting in front of me.
Then why when I click on the link to it I get this message? Could not locate remote serverYou tried to access the address http://www.iphoneogram.com/u/22654370, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.Check that the setup of any internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary web browsing.If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the internet. Reload the page.I don't know why you are trying to argue that I don't have a Galaxy S4. It is unfortunately sitting in front of me.
Have you tried contacting samsung support? The phone comes with a one year warranty and if you are still within that you could totally send it in for an RMA? I'm just trying to put options out there for you man, alternatively theres a world of Roms out there that you could try as well.

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

Perhaps I should but I am afraid they will just say "This is not a hardware issue therefore it is not covered under your warranty."

artk2219

Distinguished

At the very least they could point you in the right direction you know? They might tell you to do a factory reset before anything else, honestly you should try one to see if it helps. You would need to backup anything important before you send it out anyways, as they will wipe it or send you a new one and your data will be lost. I've had to contact them in the past and they have pretty good support, they're pretty fast and courteous, you should get you phone back within a week or two. I always plan for two to four weeks with this kind of thing though. Pretty much you don't have anything to lose and a whole lot to gain no?

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

You are right, I will contact their warranty service.

Status
Not open for further replies.