News Suspicious Cyclist Caught Smuggling 6,000 MicroSD Cards Into China

usertests

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
I'm guessing the average microSD capacity sold right now is 128 GB, which would make it 768 TB or 0.768 petabytes.

If it was 1 TB each, it's 6 petabytes, and 1.5 TB and 2 TB microSD cards could be available in the near future, for up to 9-12 PB stuffed into a bike frame.

If the average cycling speed is 20 km/h...

Reactions: King_V

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
"..rolled his bike through the 'nothing to declare' channel in transit from Hong Kong to Guangdong Province but gave away his illegal intent with his behavior. According to machine translations of the foreign language reports, the man "often looked away and acted suspiciously "

ATTENTION all smugglers: Declare something and don't behave like that idiot

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
I'm not surprised the smuggler pushed the bike through customs. Judging by the misshapen wheels, with bent spokes on the rear wheel, it would be difficult to get on the bike and ride away.

Or maybe the X-ray photo distorted the true shape of the wheels? If accurate, I'd scrap this bike and buy something with round instead of bent wheels. I'd be suspicious of anyone dragging a junk bike through customs.

On a separate note, I wonder if modern X-ray machines can "see through" bicycle frames made from thick steel tubing. Perhaps this particular frame was made from plastic which would be virtually transparent to X-rays.