SW: TOR Collectors Edition Will be Jam-Packed

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
"Think there's a code to unlock a special performance by the personal HoloDancer? That would be worth the $80. Ok, maybe not."
Unfortunately, the dancers in TOR are pretty poor. IRL, I wouldn't pay for a dance in the cantina.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Who actually buys this crap!?!?!? Why paid for 3x the games actual cost just to play a game? Can someone please explain to me why the fuck I should pay 3x the normal price? Oh yeah, its to pad the pockets of the developers. Well more power to them if someone is dumb enough to pay that much for a game. And I thought console fan boys were bad with $60 games. Its like the idiots who forked out $150 for the DNF Craptacular Edition. They paid 3x the cost for a $15 game.

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Who actually buys this crap!?!?!? Why paid for 3x the games actual cost just to play a game? Can someone please explain to me why the fuck I should pay 3x the normal price? Oh yeah, its to pad the pockets of the developers. Well more power to them if someone is dumb enough to pay that much for a game. And I thought console fan boys were bad with $60 games. Its like the idiots who forked out $150 for the DNF Craptacular Edition. They paid 3x the cost for a $15 game.[/citation]

You're an idiot. Padding the developers pocket? if it's a good game, hell yes I would like to pad their pocket. Keeps them making good games. Why rip people off for their hard work. Besides, buying the collectors edition will give you some stuff that would help you along in game like the vehicle. I know people who spend thousands on their hobby, why not spend 80 for those who's hobby is this game.

benikens

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
What they didn't mention is that Australasia is getting screwed, currently can't Preorder in Australia and we get a delayed release date. So lame there's loads of people in this country that want to spend money on their product and they don't provide for us.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Device Unknown[/nom]You're an idiot. Padding the developers pocket? if it's a good game, hell yes I would like to pad their pocket. Keeps them making good games. Why rip people off for their hard work. Besides, buying the collectors edition will give you some stuff that would help you along in game like the vehicle. I know people who spend thousands on their hobby, why not spend 80 for those who's hobby is this game.[/citation]

I guess you answered my question. There is definitely no hope for humanity...

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Who actually buys this crap!?!?!? Why paid for 3x the games actual cost just to play a game? Can someone please explain to me why the fuck I should pay 3x the normal price? Oh yeah, its to pad the pockets of the developers. Well more power to them if someone is dumb enough to pay that much for a game. And I thought console fan boys were bad with $60 games. Its like the idiots who forked out $150 for the DNF Craptacular Edition. They paid 3x the cost for a $15 game.[/citation]

I am a Star Wars fan. Yes, most of the the stuff in the Collector's Edition will stay boxed up and stored in my closet.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
It's the same reason people buy Apple products. Why not prey on the same consumer?

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
With Steam around, I'm just not into paying even $50 for games anymore. Most of them aren't worth it. It seems graphics has become inversely proportional to content. Throw a single player my way with at least 50 hrs of content and I might be willing to shell out the cash.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]Randomacts[/nom]Most places are sold out of collectors eddtion now.. I got mine in time tho[/citation]

OMG! Let the price gouging begin! It maybe sold out in most places, but there are sellers over at amazon.com, who are reselling the game for stupidly high prices. Last look, the cheapest price for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle is... I $hit you not... $398.98
+ $3.99 shipping.

** sigh **

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
Eh, guess I am one of the dying breeds of Star Wars nerds. Gnost-Dural Journal + Galactic Map + metal-game case will be placed in one of my Star Wars bookshelves according to its place in BBY.

Darth Malgus will be placed on my desk for awhile, but will be placed probably on top of a bookshelf at some point.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I liked SWG before Lucas got too meddlesome. Back when it was released it was pretty good.

Though, I'm through contributing to Lucas's collection of cars made out of $100 bills. I'm sure lots of people love star wars, but really, its way overly commercial.

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]nisallik[/nom]Eh, guess I am one of the dying breeds of Star Wars nerds. Gnost-Dural Journal + Galactic Map + metal-game case will be placed in one of my Star Wars bookshelves according to its place in BBY.Darth Malgus will be placed on my desk for awhile, but will be placed probably on top of a bookshelf at some point.[/citation]

I am right there with you buddy. I bought two. One for my use and nerd devotion to SW. Second one to sell to the hjighest bidder and make some of my money back :)

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Seem like a cool collection but seriously 60 bucks for standard!?!? PC price shuld be 40 bucks at most since we cant even freakin trade it in. No wonder why pirating are so common bc we want to check out the games without getting anal'd by lazy companies.

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
[citation][nom]utengineer[/nom]I am right there with you buddy. I bought two. One for my use and nerd devotion to SW. Second one to sell to the hjighest bidder and make some of my money back[/citation]

Wish I could do the same. I have to already buy two because my wife wants the CE shop and the mouse droid. Which means I could just go standard and grab all of her physical goods, but it would be blasphemous for a huge fan not to buy the best edition. ;p

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]What about snozberry?[/citation]
Obviously there are youngins' in here that don't get the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory reference ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.