SW:TOR Receiving Its First Update Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

All that but are they going to fix their crap game engine so when you use an ability it does that ability instead of lagging out on the last animation it did. The most lol worthy example of this being mounting your speeder, hitting the forward movement key right after the cast bar ends, only to end up dismounted because the game needs a second of doing nothing before you can actually move.

dorkydude666

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Can't wait to play SW:TOR with AA! I have to say I'm very impressed with the amount of content Bioware has created. It doesn't nearly compare to the amount of content from WoW's near decade reign as king but this end game content was mandatory to keep hardcore players busy until the next update.

Thanks Bioware! And keep up the hard work!

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Yeah, it's just too bad we had to wait 1 month plus to get them to address class breaking bugs. I love the game and all, but haven't been able to play my sentinel in 3 weeks because of a bug that has been in since beta, and won't be fully fixed until 1.1 releases.

1.1 Should have been what the game launched at.

larkspur

Distinguished
[citation][nom]dorkydude666[/nom]Can't wait to play SW:TOR with AA! I have to say I'm very impressed with the amount of content Bioware has created. It doesn't nearly compare to the amount of content from WoW's near decade reign as king but this end game content was mandatory to keep hardcore players busy until the next update.Thanks Bioware! And keep up the hard work![/citation]

You can force on AA through your driver (with amd anyway, not sure about nvidia). The game really needs it.

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
To the people complaining about Bioware fixing issues a month after launch: Remember WoW? Lol.... remember the WoW launch? That was a disaster.

zachusaman

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]esrever[/nom]would be nice if there was a demo or an f2p thing to try it out.[/citation]
dont worry, give it 3 months and it'll be f2p

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
[citation][nom]zachusaman[/nom]dont worry, give it 3 months and it'll be f2p[/citation]

I don't think so.... It's already more successful than Rift and it doesn't seem like Rift is going F2P any time soon. :( my comments are being removed...

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
For the size of the game and the fact that it's only been out a month I think they've done pretty well. The small bugs I'm sure will get sorted out pretty quickly. The only serious complaint is that levelling is WAY too fast. I'm a casual player who bought the game the week after release and I'm already level 35.

Other complaints (that I think will be addressed in the next couple months)... the GTM (AH for WoWers) is pretty horrible, which gives you opportunity for quick cash (since it's hard for people to figure prices) but is also frustrating. The only way to gather a Pickup Flashpoint or Heroic area group is with General posts, there were some loading issues with busy servers (though I think they may have fixed that already).

Features I'd like: More space combat missions including coop and pvp... with free motion instead of the current 'rollercoaster' approach (and how about some epic space battles instead of arcade shootem's). Implementation of some of the cool combat tracking/assisting stuff that WoW had (like macros to auto-target a mob attacking your healer for instance).

[citation][nom]D_Kuhn[/nom]The only serious complaint is that levelling is WAY too fast. I'm a casual player who bought the game the week after release and I'm already level 35.[/citation]

The real grind starts at lvl 50, so I think its fine. You can check out different classes and get there rather quickly, so you know which one you'll want to take higher. A bunch of regularly outfitted 50s will have a hard time with the lowest lvl world bosses. The grind is upgrading that gear through pvp, etc... b/c you can win rare gear that you can't use, or rare gear you already have, so it takes awhile to complete a set, and so on...

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Everyone naysaying this game needs to go and learn about the history of MMORPGS!!!! Every single MMO ever released has had a rocky start with bugs glitches and downtime. It takes months even years for code to be perfected to the point where the average person doesnt complain about the game. Look at WOW when that first came out they didnt fix game breaking class bugs till 9-10 months after the game was released in 2004.

People thought that game was going to fail because of the bugs and glitches and that everquest 2 was going to kill WOW. SWTOR is the same way Bioware and EA made this game amazing from the getgo and its one of the smoothest MMO launches i have ever been apart of. Believe me ive played about 30 from beta to going gold.

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]Yeah, it's just too bad we had to wait 1 month plus to get them to address class breaking bugs. I love the game and all, but haven't been able to play my sentinel in 3 weeks because of a bug that has been in since beta, and won't be fully fixed until 1.1 releases. 1.1 Should have been what the game launched at.[/citation]

I haven't been able to do any of my class quests for 5 days now. It's like one of those movies where there are two different branches in time. Except that now I can't continue on with either one of the branches on my class quest. They are both broken.

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]WoW with a Star Wars skin!!! YAY![/citation]

And all the dialog is pretty much voice acted with expressive character animation, but that hardly matters. Totally a clone.

/ sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.