Question swiftech h240 x fittings for a GPU waterblock

jay ray

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
I'm looking to water cool my GPU using this ten year old swiftech h240 x I have as a spare. This AIO was designed to be expandable but I'm new to the idea of modifying it and am on uncertain footing. I'm hoping someone here can point me to the right gear.

The plan is to swap out the CPU block for GPU block, but I have vague memories of reading that parts of this cooler would need adapters or different parts in order to fit.

According to this and other reviews, the fittings in the CPU block are the swivel elbows measuring 3/8″ (10mm) OD and the port thread uses G1/4 standard.

Would this be compatible with today's GPU blocks as is, or would I need to change anything. If so, to what?

Thanks,
Jay

Lutfij

Titan
If the GPU block has G 1/4 ports, and is not made of aluminum(instead of copper/brass) then you're good to go. Just add 2x fittings and the block to the loop, top up with coolant and leak test.

There's some helpful info in my sig space regarding watercooling in the Watercooling sticky.

jay ray

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
If the GPU block has G 1/4 ports, and is not made of aluminum(instead of copper/brass) then you're good to go. Just add 2x fittings and the block to the loop, top up with coolant and leak test.

There's some helpful info in my sig space regarding watercooling in the Watercooling sticky.
Since I plan to replace the existing CPU waterblock with a GPU waterblock, wouldn't the fittings that already exist be all I need?