Swiftech Supports AMD Threadripper Sockets With TR4 Mounting Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsquared

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
Surprised and disappointed that only Enermax has had the forethought to release or even announce an AIO with a pump and cold plate large enough to completely cover the processor's heat spreader. The new Enermax AIO is clearly worth a second look.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Threadripper really needs dedicated new copper plates from the liquid makers that covers the whole socket for best heat dissipation (easy thx to the huge die).

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
@BDQUARED
YA, Enermax is the only option to cool TR the is supposed to be done, everyone with with patches (that's not bad on itself, but at least release/announce new kits dedicated to TR).

Intel is an afterthought, focus your efforts on AMD's waifu.

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I have the Swiftech Apogee XL2 for my FX-8350. Keeps it as cool as it needs to be no matter what OC. Good company! I had a leak in my first one, and they replaced it within a couple days of reporting it. Luckily I found the leak before anything crazy happened. Mine is the one in the 2nd picture.

I feel like everyone else here though... Enermax did it right and I wouldn't put a cold plate that doesn't fit the entire area of Threadripper even if they guaranteed it would work fine. It doesn't seem smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.