switchable graphics laptop, card not showing in device manager. 8.1

orangebox0440

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
So I downloaded the new omega driver update from AMD without thinking about it on my laptop. My laptop uses switchable graphics to switch between an AMD card and the intel from the i5.

With this system in place only the drivers from manufacturer (sony) work. The CCC failed to open. In uninstalled all AMD drivers using their program and reinstalled the driver I had been using before. It continued to black screen and fail to install. After several hours I uninstalled and reinstalled the factory default driver which was for windows 7. The screen went black and stayed that way for 20 minutes. I reset the computer and the CCC was back and functioning as normal.

I turned off my computer several hours later. When I turned it on the AMD card was not in the device manager at all. The Sony drivers would install and fail. The AMD detect and install program can't detect my card or my OS.

I'm stuck. What do I do?

Solution
Try running a driver cleaning program, then install the driver from Sony. I recently built a custom whitebox laptop and let me tell you switchable graphics can be a huge pain. If all else fails if your laptop has a recovery partition you can back up and restore stock settings.

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Try running a driver cleaning program, then install the driver from Sony. I recently built a custom whitebox laptop and let me tell you switchable graphics can be a huge pain. If all else fails if your laptop has a recovery partition you can back up and restore stock settings.

Solution