[SOLVED] Switching default GPU

Jul 21, 2021
Hi,

I hope this is correct section as I think it is most likely a BIOS thing, but here is the question:

How can I switch my computer to use PCI-E slot 1 to be as default GPU to be used instead of PCI-E slot 2? I have RTX 3080 on slot #1 and RTX 2080 on slot #2 but for some reason my computer wants to use 2080 as primary GPU during bootup and label it as Monitor 1 in Windows. I can't seem to find an option what would even remotely resemble this setting, so any advice is welcome.
What makes this annoying is because I use my secondary monitor vertically so everything until windows is turned 90 degrees.

My motherboard is ASUS Rampage VI Extreme.

Thanks in advance,
Dangel

Solution
Hi,

I hope this is correct section as I think it is most likely a BIOS thing, but here is the question:

How can I switch my computer to use PCI-E slot 1 to be as default GPU to be used instead of PCI-E slot 2? I have RTX 3080 on slot #1 and RTX 2080 on slot #2 but for some reason my computer wants to use 2080 as primary GPU during bootup and label it as Monitor 1 in Windows. I can't seem to find an option what would even remotely resemble this setting, so any advice is welcome.
What makes this annoying is because I use my secondary monitor vertically so everything until windows is turned 90 degrees.

Thanks in advance,
Dangel
Maybe you might want to update the motherboard Bios and...
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Dangel
Maybe you might want to update the motherboard Bios and the ME to the latest. And try to uninstall the nvidia driver using DDU and install the latest driver, make sure all the monitor is connected to the primary slot. and you might want to download this chipset driver and install it :D

Solution
Monitor ordering in BIOS and in Windows are two separate things. For Windows that's a simple thing, you can order the screens, set their positions, whatever you like, in Settings>System>Screen. The BIOS thing however is a little more tricky - as far as I can tell there is no way to change monitor order. All you can do is to try different outputs on your 3080, if one of them have higher priority it will take over from 2080.