Switching from 7870 to gigabyte gtx 770 4gb no signal issue

George Price

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
I have a upgraded dell xps 8500 that came with a 7870 . i upgraded the case , CPU cooling and a 750w corsair cxm which works. when i had the 7870 installed i unistalled all amd drivers then installed the 770, the fans spin and the power cables are connected but nothing displays on screen through dvi or hdmi on graphics card and the intergrated graphics wont display anything either. i am hoping someone can help me with my problem thanks.
intel i7 3500
ex display gigabyte gtx 770 4gb/7870 2gb
dell motherboard
2 tb hard drive+256gb ssd
16gb ram
corsair cxm 750w
windows 8.1 64bit

Solution
Integrated graphics won't work until you remove the 770 from the slot, that's normal behaviour to avoid resource conflicts.

Unless your 770 is faulty (ex display model so that's very possible if staff have handled it incorrectly (eg ESD damage) , I don't know why it doesn't work (assuming it's connected up properly & seated in the slot properly).

ZeusGamer

Admirable
Did you check the front panel connectors? Are you sure they are connected in the right spot? This happened to me on my first build and I just read the manual to find out that the front panel connectors are on the wrong spot. SO check that first.

Integrated graphics won't work until you remove the 770 from the slot, that's normal behaviour to avoid resource conflicts.

Unless your 770 is faulty (ex display model so that's very possible if staff have handled it incorrectly (eg ESD damage) , I don't know why it doesn't work (assuming it's connected up properly & seated in the slot properly).

Solution

George Price

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
The front panel connectors are all fine as the pc works with the 7870 i'm going to send it for testing. thanks