switching from intel to amd using same hard drive

Tony_164

Commendable
Feb 21, 2017
hey guys please bare with me i just wanted to know if i can switch from intel to amd can i run the same win7 as am running now without formating it by just deleting all intel drivers from device manager and control panel
im using intel core 2 duo 7200 processor
a gigabyte ga 945gcm s2l motherboard
i want to buy amd fx 6300 processor
and supported ausus motherboard
and ram
lately im having problems with pc if motherboard or processor but after logging in i gets stuck on a screen when i open a window or applications i wont let me do anything so i wanted to buy amd

Solution
Reinstall it's always a really good idea but if you make a massive change like that nearly a requirement it's actually a testiment to how stable windows has become that it'll run at all with bad and wrong drivers everywhere.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Reinstall it's always a really good idea but if you make a massive change like that nearly a requirement it's actually a testiment to how stable windows has become that it'll run at all with bad and wrong drivers everywhere.

Solution

Pet___

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
You have to run a trace program to get the little blue men out of the hard drive, it is better to replace the drive and the data cable and be sure to clean the pins on the sata connectors to remove all the residual Intel dna

Tony_164

Commendable
Feb 21, 2017