Question Switching multiple display inputs simultaneously

Noobgamer37

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
I have recently started working from home and have 3 monitors. I have a gaming pc that I use a lot and my work laptop. I could buy a kvm switch but from what I've read in reviews they can be very finicky. My thought was to just buy some hdmi cables and use those to connect to my laptop but I don't really want to one by one switch each monitor every time. From what I've found online in Linux it's possible to setup a script to switch monitors display input however I haven't been able to find any examples of people doing this in Windows

kanewolf

Titan
I have recently started working from home and have 3 monitors. I have a gaming pc that I use a lot and my work laptop. I could buy a kvm switch but from what I've read in reviews they can be very finicky. My thought was to just buy some hdmi cables and use those to connect to my laptop but I don't really want to one by one switch each monitor every time. From what I've found online in Linux it's possible to setup a script to switch monitors display input however I haven't been able to find any examples of people doing this in Windows
Does your laptop have multiple HDMI ports? That would be unusual. Maybe with a docking port, but even then multiple HDMI would be unusual.