Question Switching to the second monitor while gaming

Shahid-e-gomnam

Reputable
Oct 6, 2019
Hello gents...
I recently added a second monitor to my gaming setup, my question is, do you know any apps or ways I can switch faster between my game and e.g. my browser instead of alt-tabbing? something like double pushing my cursor on the edge to switch to the next display...
My second monitor is on top of the first one so it shouldn't happen by accident, I just want to switch to my second display without touching the keyboard... do you think it's possible?

Shahid-e-gomnam

Reputable
Oct 6, 2019
No, let me clarify my problem...

Currently I have two screens, which I open photoshop in one of them and browser in the other one, so if I want to drag and drop anything ,there is no need to minimize or any other thing to do and my cursor will move between these screens as intended...
While I'm gaming I have my game in my primary display and browser in the second one... if I set the game to fullscreen and I want to have my curser on my browser and work with the second one I have to alt-tab AND the game will be minimised... If I set the game to Borderless-windowsed I can alt-tab and the game won't get minimised... the thing is when I use photoshop and browser my mouse cursor can move between displays freely(as intended) but while in game the cursor will stick to the primary(game) screen WHICH IS INTENTIONAL and I know that(in order to prevent accidental disturbing during gaming)
I wanna know is there an app to disable this?? feature

Ralston18

Titan
What game or games?

And what or why would be the reason for leaving a game and going into photoshop or some other app?

If the game code is written to require the cursor "to stick to the primary(game) screen" then attempting to override that intentional feature will likely end badly.

Any such apps would likely be very cumbersome and quickly cause other problems.

Could even be interpretted as some sort of attempted cheat and you end up banned from the game.

Far safer to just plan ahead so you do not need to disable anything.

And should something come up then just normally exit the game and come back to play again later.

That's how fullscreen exclusive works. If the game has focus, it locks the input to it until it no longer has focus via alt+tabbing out. Some games do have an option to allow the cursor to escape focus, but I don't think this is something you can bodge onto any game via a 3rd party app.

I'm of the opinion there's little reason to use fullscreen exclusive unless borderless fullscreen doesn't let you change the rendering resolution and you need it at something else or you want to take better advantage of G-Sync (which seems to work better with fullscreen exclusive)