syber vapor cpu and gpu upgrade

Mar 8, 2018
hello I am looking to upgrade cpu and I haven't the slightest idea what im doing, I have a syber vapor (terrible decision) but don't have the money at the moment to re build. this is the complete list of what I have, so I want the upgrade cpu and gpu only,
CABLE: 6-FT HDMI Flat Cable, V1.4, Supports 3D & 4K Resolution, Gold
Plated Connector Cable (1 piece)
CAS: Syber by AZZA Gaming Console Chassis (White Color)
CONTROLLERS: Steam Controller
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 840 3.1GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Quad-Core Processor
DOCKINGSTATION: None
FAN: AMD Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
HS_HANGER: None
KEYBOARD: None
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory [+18] (Corsair or
Major Brand)
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE F2A88XN-WIFI A88X mITX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Plus,
On/Off Charge, 802.11AC WiFi+Bluetooth, 1 Gen2 PCIe x16
MOUSE: None
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
POWERSUPPLY: 450 Watts - Standard SFX 80 Plus Bronze Active PFC Power
Supply [+20]
REMOTE: Mini QWERTY Keyboard with Touchpad
RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN NEXT BUSINESS DAY [+109]
SECURITY: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (Factory Pre-Install [Digital Version])
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
VIDEO: GeForce(R) GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 (Maxwell) [+98] (Single Card)
WTV: None

any help would be appreciated (I think my gpu is going bad, and cpu is sub par for gaming)

AMD Athlon X4 840 is a good match for a 960. I'd say this is a well balanced system, for what it is.

If you require more CPU and videocard performance then sorry but it's time for a new computer.

You could look for an older Intel mITX motherboard to pair with an older Intel CPU, so you can reuse everything you have, including your DDR3 system ram. That's assuming there is nothing proprietary about your current components. Also you'd need to move up to at least a 1060, which are kind of expensive right now.

If it was my choice, I'd stick to playing games this computer can handle until you're ready to buy an all new CPU/motherboard/DDR4 setup.

Mar 8, 2018

ok... well I was planning on doing this, and I bought an i7 cpu, I am wondering how I go about searching for a mobo and I need a new gpu because I have little green dots all over my screen.. so that was the real influence for this upgrade but my cpu can't handle new games so I want to upgrade it. I am having a hard time figuring out how to know if a mobo will fit.. the cpu is a i7-6700 Skylake quad core 3.4 ghz lea 1151 65w