"Sync. out of range" sonic heroes

supanoob

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Hello, Hola, Bounjour, and so on. I am having trouble on my game... so i was just finished installing my sonic heroes, then i ran the game. the monitor says SYNC. OUT OF RANGE and i have searched for about 10 - 20 minute searches to help but, nothing worked i tried to lower my screen refresh rate, and lowering my games resolution but...it didnt work. If you have an answer, please post it. thank you.

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Have you tried running the game in safe mode or in windows xp mode

Can you change the games refresh rate instead of changing your monitors refresh rate(the game could be operating a 75hz and your monitor may be doing 60)

Have you updated video card drivers?

thanks

Uber

supanoob

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

ok answer so far:

how do you play the game on safe mode?

i tried to increase the monitor refresh rate to 80 Hz, didnt work

updated that last week.....

supanoob

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

nice thought to, but can you tell me where to find the .ini file?
i cant seem to find it

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Sorry about the confusion...i meant in VGA mode...right click the short cut...properties...under the Compatibility tab...check run in 640*480

Im not sure if that would drop the refresh rate as well but its worth a shot

Respond and tell me in that helps

Uber

supanoob

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

sorry to tell you this but, its not in my documents and its not in my game directory.

supanoob

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

the problem is... that....... it didnt work........

Kari

Splendid

take a look where the shortcut icon points to, it might be in the same place, or near there somewhere...

it might just be a .txt I suppose, but I think it's highly unlikely that there just isn't any

supanoob

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

no dice... there is about 50 .txt and every one of those .txt (except the readme) are codes..... i cant understand computer codes......

supanoob

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
try installing ur monitors driver this will happen if ur graphics card makes res and vertical sync which are not supported by the display available to windows.installing monitors driver hides this unsupported res and vsinc thus removing those errors

incredible solution my dear fellow but,I updated it tonight (26 april 2010) and all end up the same way... :non: :( :pfff:

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Then it may be a known problem with the game

Have you called customer support for the game?

A patch may be needed

Uber