Syncing Android Photos to network storage?

kgrevemberg

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

Is there any way to easily schedule a sync for photos to transfer to a network storage PC?

I have 2 android phones that I would like to nightly sync the camera folder to a windows pc I have running as network storage.

Please do not say "You should just buy a nas with proper software" or something to that effect :)

Looking for constructive help.

Thanks for any advice!

USAFRet

Titan

Right.
If, from some Windows system, the phone appears as a drive letter/USB storage...the above linked application can copy from a folder under that drive letter to a different system and/or folder, on whatever schedule you choose.
Of course, both the phone and the PC will need to be ON.

If you are talking about wifi syncing, some cloud storage services like dropbox and onedrive can sync among devices. While this is not a direct sync from device to device it may get the job done for you. The limited storage on these cloud providers(and devices wanting to sync to each other) is the biggest issue with this kind of thing. I am sure it can be worked around.

Alternatively you may find something in the play store that can sync to network shares(when on the same network, you do not want to sync over cellular.). On the hosting computer you can have the files moved to another location as required with a script/batch.

While you do not like the get a nas option, it does have the required mobile apps for this very purpose(not saying the cost is worth it for all users.).

kgrevemberg

Distinguished
May 2, 2013

sorry, i meant plug them in to charge from the wall in my bedrooom

kgrevemberg

Distinguished
May 2, 2013

yep, i already had some parts and a hdd/nobo with windows on it. figured id put it to use as network storage. all the other PC's on the network are set up for it, just want to get the phones on it also