Question System becomes sluggish and won’t load applications and windows

parsimony

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Hi,
I’m trying to see if I can find a solution to my pc problem. I had to build a temporary pc since my old one broke recently and I’m in limbo between now and the next gen jump. Last night I had all the necessary parts come in. This is what I have for now: ASUS x570 mini ITX
Ryzen 2 3600
Corsair 16gb 3600Mhz ram
Msi twin froze 2060
Seasonic 660 good plus
Samsung 840 128gb ssd that is my boot drive
2 HDD 7200rpm

upon first start up it runs great with no problem. Unfortunately after a session of gaming (Valorant) and leaving the computer on for a few hours I notice when I try to launch any game or applications again it would have a significant delay. Even worse is when I try to restart windows it would give me the infinite loading screen icon. I’ve had the system for less than 24 hours but fortunately this morning it was able to boot normally but unfortunately this evening it went back to the same issues again where it would take forever or won’t even load applications after being on for a while and now I’m experiencing the long load loading screen when I try to reboot the system. I did download CPUID to check idle temperature on the cpu, it was around 57-59 Celsius which seems high but I read online that high idle temps are common for amd with the stock cooler. Is my system overheating and is being throttled or is it my ssd that’s dying? Please help give me some ideas on where to look or else I need to return these pc parts to Amazon since I can't have it running properly for less than a day.

parsimony

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
After having turned off the system for about 15 minutes to post this thread I was able to boot back into the system without a problem after Windows 10 attempted to recheck the disk. The system has been running for about 5 minutes and looking at the temperatures for the Ryzen chip it seems to be hitting 62-72C for idling.

parsimony

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
So I am also suspecting Windows 10 may be the culprit too. Last night I did the chkdisk repair all files etc that I've seen from this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8ABl5WFmPw&t=0s

I should also note that my previous system that my SSD/HDDs was on an intel i7 4790 and a MSI g45 z97 board. I am also getting a Genuine Windows Key requirement pop up at the bottom right now but it only appears a few hours into the system running. I also heard and experienced that the latest Windows 10 update may be causing issues with system too. Another reason why I suspect it may be Windows is because my mouse and system remain responsive but it seems like it just won't want to load any apps after a few hours of running.

I just played about 40 minutes of Valorant with my friends while keeping an eye on temperatures. Currently its at 67C - while being at a max of 84C which is toasty but this is a temporary CPU and I don't want to upgrade to 3rd party cooler since I'll be reselling it soon anyways.