System Bottleneck Problem

Dec 19, 2018
Hey guys. I have been confused lately on how lesser computer systems are performing better than mine. I think I have a reasonable rig but I don't get the performance that some of my friends are getting with much lower specs. This is my setup:

Intel 5820k CPU @ 3.8GHZ
32GB RipJaws @ 2400MHZ
860EVO M.2 2TB
Gigabyte X99 UD-4 Motherboard
Gigabyte 1080TI Aorus
Corsair HX1000I power supply

Even my startup time is not what I would expect for this setup. A $100 setup I made for media on black Friday gets to windows desktop faster than my computer. I still get to the desktop reasonably fast but not as fast as I think it should. I have a feeling my motherboard has something to do with this but its hard to tell. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Grimmy347,

How many applications are currently set to launch upon signing in? Multiple factors can determine how long a PC takes to load the desktop, but how long are we talking about here? I also doubt the motherboard is the issue here, but am presuming that the M.2 SSD is the device being used for all storage/OS boot.

Dec 19, 2018

Yes, the M.2 is being used for everything at the moment. I have a 4tb hdd but it is just being used for storage atm. I just reinstalled windows and have done all the updates so there really isn't much of anything extra running yet. Pretty much just gforce experience is starting on startup.