System Builder Marathon, Q2 2013: $2500 Performance PC

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

csf60

Honorable
May 11, 2012

not sure if kidding, but answer would be yes XD

vertexx

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

I'm afraid the 670 Mini is an example of a card looking for a case. There isn't really one on the market that has two slots, that isn't already large enough to handle most other cards. That's unfortunate. I would love to see something the size of the Lian-Li PC-Q03 or PC-Q09 built with dual slots and the ventilation capable of handling one of these cards.

You may be right, but it occurs to me that the "dead space" past the end of the card could be a place to stuff extra cables if a non-modular PSU was used, or mount a fan to the case, or even another drive.

Oscarcharliezulu

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Hi Thomas, this build is beautiful. I love it and I love the thought and creativity you put into the cooling. I wonder, with ITX being more and more popular, will we see a 2011 socket ITX motherboard ever? I'm trying to image the same build with a high end ivy-e or Xeon.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's possible. We did have LGA-1366 Mini-ITX, but I'm not certain it was successful in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.