System Builder Meme Promo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

h3llbound

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
Forced meme's suck....stupid tomshardware does not understand that you cannot force things into the internet and expect it to become popular, Those who jump on the bandwagon are generally those who just want to be accepted on the ineternet or just idiots that whant to look kool.

LRDR: Forced meme's suck

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/motivatorb27c5438b0ffe8.jpg/

This might not be entirely useable by Tom's (I'm hoping it is), but you'll get a laugh out of it, I did :)

lee3821

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010

You could have phrased that a bit better, and your grammar could use a slight improvement, but I get your point.

It seems as though either Tom's isn't generating enough revenue or wants to increase profits. Considering the slight but steady increase in ads, my guess would be the former. It's still an amusing competition, but, as you said, will probably not take off.

Tom's does not always have news the fastest, and their "Style" articles interest me not at all (that's probably why they have no comment option...), but they still have most of the important tech-related news within a few days, and their original articles are still exceptional. Sure, others usually do their own benchmarks, but Tom's does the best job of summarizing it, and their charts are quite convenient. If I want to send someone who is considering a CPU or GPU a link, Tom's is my #1 choice. Some of the other articles (such as the recent tour of Intel's motherboard division) are also pretty interesting and unique.

If it gets Tom's a bit more traffic, what's wrong with the attempt at a meme? It won't take off, but all it has to do is pay back the cost of the article and potential hammers, which isn't much. Tom's doesn't force you to make your own image of Aunt Ida.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]h3llbound[/nom]Forced meme's suck....stupid tomshardware does not understand that you cannot force things into the internet and expect it to become popular, Those who jump on the bandwagon are generally those who just want to be accepted on the ineternet or just idiots that whant to look kool.LRDR: Forced meme's suck[/citation]
dude i just want a hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.