System Clock Resets/Is slow

quadtard

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
So I just noticed yesterday that my system clock is acting very strange even though I checked in control panel to make sure it was synching with microsoft's site.

I tried a different site from the list of preset options, and since then it lost 7 minutes fairly quickly, stabilized there and then once 1 O'clock PM rolled around, the clock decided to set itself back to 12. For all of yesterday the clock never went past 12:59, and never earlier than 10:00. It would go almost to 1, reset to 12 and keep going, also losing some minutes at a rate I can't tell.

I figured it could be something with the motherboard, but that I think is fairly unlikely because it is a 1 year old system I built myself. If it is relevant, the motherboard is the Asrock z75 Pro3.

I'm really not sure what is wrong with it, or if there is much that I can do to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

quadtard

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
I don't think I have any viruses/malware, I haven't downloaded anything or visited any sites that aren't already a regular, and I've yet to have an issue with malwar.e

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Why are you linking /synchronising with online site? It's a clock!
A clock is set to what you want it to be, Time-zones differ and you might be in a different time zone with different daylight savings settings.
Better to disable the feature.
If the clock apears to stop or change irregularly especially if you turn off the PC at the power point, it could be that your cmos battery is dead and needs replacement to which you would need to do asap otherwise your system will begin to deteriorate to the point of bsods and total failure, eventually...