System crash with out BSOD

May 4, 2018
Hey Everyone,

I am getting frustrated with this issue, it's been happening for a long time now.

My system will crash without a BSOD sometimes it's an hour after bootup, sometimes it will go for a day or two. Doesn't matter if it's idling, or under load. My computer doesn't sleep and it doesn't hibernate. I have run memtest86 booted from a thumbdrive, and I don't have any memory issues.
I tried running prime95 to load it while monitoring the voltages from speedfan and HWMonitor (CPUID) to see if the voltages droop. When I did that, there was no voltage change however it crashed with the screen displaying the same thing it had been, but nothing responded; no cursor movement, no response from the keyboard, and the fans in my case all returned to idle speed (I could tell from the way they sounded).

I just checked my PSU with a multimeter from a single free sata power cable, and it reads 12.15v, 5.06v, and 3.37v, so at least from a first pass it seems fine.

Can anyone think of anything that I am missing?

System Specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/01/13 14:58:02 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 680
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6
Memory: 16GB RAM
PSU: Corsair TX850
Custom water cooled: temps below 60c under load

Please let me know if you need more info, and thank you in advance for the help.

update the bios If you can, then install the sata drivers and chipset drivers from the motherboard vendors website. put your sata data cable on to the primary sata controller (slower one that is directly supported by the cpu chipset) make sure you put your data cable on a low numbered port (sometimes port 4 and 5 might run in a special mode)

google "how to force a memory dump using the keyboard" make the registry setting, reboot and force a memory dump to confirm your system can save a memory dump.

I would also make sure hot swapping of the sata drive is enabled in bios if you have that option.
(to allow certain error conditions to recover)

May 4, 2018
My bios is already on the newest version (except for beta versions), I couldn't find the hot swapping option for sata drives. The boot drive was on sata3_1, and the secondary drive was on sata3_A1 so I switched my boot drive to sata3_0 and the secondary drive is sata3_1. I also reinstalled the ASMedia sata drivers (even though I had them installed already).

I have been running a stress test for 4.5 hours now, and it hasn't crashed. I will probably turn off the stress and run a server so that it writes to the drives and see if I can get it to crash again. So far it seems to be fixed, but it may take a while for it to happen again.

TRENDING THREADS