Question System crashes as soon as game starts 2+yo system.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
So i keep having to post questions on here about my system and im not really sure anymore. I have been having a crap ton of issues over the last like 6 months about games crashing for no rime or reason. I know the system can support the game because every once in a while the game will run perfectly fine. Ive tried several things that you guys have helped with and nothing has really worked. Im at a loss at this point. I was playing Battlefield 1 earlier, i can get into a server, play for about 5 mins, then it freezes up, and crashes back to homescreen. No error message no blue screen, just the desktop. I was also playing doom and it did the same thing. Its not that this system cant run it but if it cant keep it running then its not really a good system. I dont really have the money to just go buy all new parts and with whats going on right now i really dont need to be reloading games every 20 mins. Any ideas that you could think of to maybe try? Havent updated the bios but asrock says for raven ridge to not update it anymore. All drivers are up to date on the gpu, ran sfc several times no errors, ran disk checker, no errors. disabled any running apps that were in the background.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2400g non overclocked
asrock ab350m pro 4 mb
2x4gb ddr4 3200 non oc
Nvidia Gtx 1060 6gb from asus
Evga 600b Psu
5 fans
led light strip
120gb ssd
1tb wd blue hdd
Thermaltake versa h18 tg case

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
how full is the ssd?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hdd usage?
malware scan the system?
The ssd is almost full with about 30 gigs left. I haven’t looked at temps but the gpu fans rarely turn on(I haven’t touched fan curve and left it what stock one is) cpu has stock cooler but I don’t think it is more than 60 to 70 c under load. Gpu usage is about 98 percent and cpu is about 40 in both games. The game is downloaded to hdd and it is usually at about 30 percent usage or less. As for malware I’ve ran windows defender several times and haven’t found anything.