Question System crashes while playing ESO

ThreeRavens

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor, 4716 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0212, 18-Jul-16
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0
BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.1151"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB (Kingston
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 22.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory 22.0 GB
Page File Space 4.75 GB
Page File D:\pagefile.sys (on hybrid drive)
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Running
Virtualization-based security Required Security Properties
Virtualization-based security Available Security Properties Base Virtualization Support, Secure Boot
Virtualization-based security Services Configured
Virtualization-based security Services Running
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

This is a screen shot of COarsair Link and NZXT CAM
IMage of Coarsair Link and NZXT CAM

I have 3 drives:
1 500gb SSD that mostly just has the OS on it (Samsung 850 EVO)
1 250gb SSD that is just installed programs (KINGSTON SV300S37A240G)
1 3TB hybrid that is mostly data, so installed programs (Seagate Firecuda ST2000DX002-2DV164)

GPU is a radeon RX 570

I am using onboard audio and have a 2.5GB nic

The CPU is watercooled using an NZXT system (I forget the name offhand, but it a dual fan unit). The GPU is using it's built in fans...I have not modified the GPU

I am running a 1200 watt PSU (Corsair HX 1200i)

All of my drivers and Windows updaters are up to date,

There are no devices in Device Manager showing errors

So here's the problem...While playing ESO, my system crashes a lot. Sometimes its a BSOD with various errors, sometimes the game's crash utility catches it and I am able to send a message to Bethesda and it just kills the game, sometimes everything just freezes. THe last BSOD error was a KMODE exception error. Temps are fine, they never rise above 130F for the GPU and about 120F for the CPU under load. Right now, running at rest...other than this site..., the CPU is at 93 and the GPU is at 115...both with a 1-10% load. The crashes are pretty random. SOmetimes I can play for hours and all is good, sometimes it is crashing every 15-20 minutes.

I am also seeing WHEA-Logger warnings:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 2

The APIC ID varies

I have run both SFC and DISM several times over the past few months. A couple of tiumes I have come across corrupted files, but I am guessing that is from the crashes.

Let me know if there is any other info I can provide...I am stumped on this one.

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to see if your SSD's have any firmware updates pending. As for your finds with corrupt files, you should try and fabricate your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Once armed with the recreated installer, reinstall your OS. After that's done, reinstall your drivers manually in an elevate command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. How old is the PSU in your build? As for your platform, it does seem like you should retire it, considering that Windows 10 has known to be inconsistent with older hardware.

ThreeRavens

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
It's about 4 years old(2017). When I can afford to, I will be upgrading so that I can get Win 11. I didn't have this problem until I started playing ESO. I just did a refresh, so all of the drivers are updated and newly installed and it is still regularly crashing when I play...like every 20 mins.

TRENDING THREADS