System crashing within 20 seconds of start up

Mar 1, 2018
Hello All,
I finished my first build earlier this week and am running into some issues already.

First this is what I'm working with: Ryzen 5 1600, ASRock B350 Pro4, MasterWatt Lite 600, G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, GeForce 710 graphics, NZXT S340VR Elite and Windows 10 OEM.

The build went well until I realized there was no integrated graphics, hence the crappy graphics card from Best Buy. I am receiving a GeForce 1050 today. Windows installed and I was set. However my computer intermittently has frozen and then restarted after about 20 seconds of being frozen. First two days it would freeze randomly, maybe in 20 minutes or maybe over an hour of the computer being on. However yesterday it began freezing within 20 seconds of starting. Now there is a windows recovery screen that comes up when it restarts with options for reinstalling and so on. It still allows me to boot however it just freezes again. I have no idea what the issue. Wanted to get some people opinion before I waste my time with a Windows reinstall if that's not the issue. Thanks!

Mar 1, 2018

Good question, I will try that when I get home. When the recovery window pops up through Windows I've spent some time combing through those options and it doesn't seem to crash but I'm not confident how long I've been on that screen. If it doesn't crash while in BIOS does that point more to a software problem? Also any chance it could be the graphics card? I'm installing the new one this evening so I guess I will see then.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a Ryzen. You may have just bought the mobo, but there's no telling exactly how long it sat in the store. There's been multiple bios updates, especially for ram errors and compatability, so updating your bios would be a good first step.