Question system doesn't "boot" unless I remove cmos battery

Alquist

Commendable
Jul 18, 2022
the reason I said "boot" is that it doesn't properly boot even without the cmos battery, but atleast it lets me to get into windows somehow after a lot of pain. Yesterday when I turned on the pc it wasn't giving any image and it was kind of boot looping, it flashes the power led 2 times with 2 to 3 sec delay and fans and all start running but power led turns on with a slight delay after the components start running , that delay is 4 sec. Then after waiting 4 minutes (system might reboot in that time or not) it shows a screen where it says CMOS settings wrong because I took out the cmos battery (it won't even get to there without taking it out) then I got into bios reconfigure it and save. after saving it still takes more than the normal time it needs to boot into windows and if I turn off the pc I have to go through the same cycle again in order to use the pc.

Things I tried:
change CMOS battery
clear CMOS
update BIOS
try RAM sticks one by one on each slot
try 3 different PSUs
try booting without any peripherals

And none of these solved the problem so the last thing I didn't try is a new mobo and cpu, but because I'am able to boot into windows and use it I don't think its something related to cpu, I even tried to game for a while but got BSOD eventually.

my system:
I5-4460 , H81H3-M4 v1.0A , 2x8Gb 1333Mhz , 240gb ssd

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS