System failed to boot several times before error

Sapperism

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
Firstly I want to say sorry if this is the wrong category for this threat. I assumed it belonged under motherboards because I believe this might be a BIOS issue or to do with my motherboard.

Recently my PC has been taking awfully long to boot up and I always receive an error when it does boot.

7a010c15af.jpg

Link to a screenshot of the error i get.

I don't know what to do with it or weather its a memory problem or a BIOS problem. Considering the BIOS hasn't been updated ever, It might be the cause of the problem?

Thank you very much and I appreciate your help!

Solution

I was able to get to the screen where the UEFI option should have been. What i did was :

Click the Start Start menu and select Settings, Select Update and Security.
Click Recovery.
Under Advanced startup, click Restart now. The system will restart and show the Windows 10 boot menu.
Select Troubleshoot.
Choose Advanced options.
Select UEFI Firmware Settings...

Sapperism

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016

Hey I didnt get to try your method before I tried to go on my PC again ( i was out). My pc is even more broken now. It appears that my windows audio service is broken and my wireless adapter is not working either. I doubt this is from the HDD as the only HDD other than the SSD is actually new and has been replaced a few months ago.

I believe this might be a motherboard issue instead considering windows audio service isnt working and neither is my internet anymore .

Update : The reason i believe this is happening is before I went out i had tried to turn my PC on in SafeMode. However the PC did not turn on before I had left. I forgot about it until now . i had also currently reseated my ram and had set a windows memory diagnostics tool to run!

Update : The memory diagnostic came back as normal. However some of my drivers arent "Working" . I.e. the driver for my internet adapter . Some things appear to be broken for some reason?

Sapperism

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016

Maybe the power supply . I was thinking the same thing as well. I just cleaned out the dust in my pc to some extent. The PC turned on without the error but it still took a long time to boot.

If it's booting slow but without error, look at the boot setting in the UEFI. Is "Fast Boot" enabled?

Sapperism

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016

ill give that a shot as soon as it powers on. I've been waiting for about 5-10 minutes now. I dont think power is going to my keyboard or mouse as they usually light up when the PC turns on!

Sapperism

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016

I was able to get to the screen where the UEFI option should have been. What i did was :

Click the Start Start menu and select Settings, Select Update and Security.
Click Recovery.
Under Advanced startup, click Restart now. The system will restart and show the Windows 10 boot menu.
Select Troubleshoot.
Choose Advanced options.
Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
Click Restart to restart the system and enter UEFI (BIOS).

However there was no UEFI firmware setting.

Computer still takes way too long to turn on. However I do not receive the error screen anymore. This is strange.

Solution

A dead power supply is easy to see, but a faulty or slowly failing PSU is hard to diagnose. It just causes odd behaviors with no clear pattern.

TRENDING THREADS