Question System fan port do not match CPU temp? + other

Neod!mium

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
I have 3 "nochua f12 3000pwm industrial fans". I put 2 on the CPU slot and 1 on the system slot.
I noticed that with this fan the system slot rotates only at the initial set temperature (pwm 25%) and as the CPU temperature rises the fan speed in the system port does not increase.
I should be able to put a y cable on the CPU slot because this fan draws a maximum of 3.6w, for two fans only 0.6A is needed. I read that most motherboards give 1-2A on the fan slot.
Basically it’s my solution that could work for in my estimation.

Why doesn't fan rotation rise with CPU temperature? Do these system fans monitor the temperature of the motherboard or something else?

I also have a problem with not being able to adjust the rotation of system fans. I have 3 system RGB fans that are currently noisier to me than industrial fans.
These fans are connected to an RGB controller that gives them maximum speed all the time and the adjustment of color and various themes is controlled by the button on the case.

Also, I thought to cut off from each fan 2 wires that serve the rotation voltage (maybe 3 if necessary I don't know) and connect to one slot from the motherboard to give them voltage.
But here we return to the same problem.
I don't want to manually adjust the fan every time, although I will adjust them if I don't have a solution.
The motherboard does not monitor the fan speed with the processor temperature.

I am open to suggestions, I can buy the things needed to make everything work.

I have more small questions because I'm connecting my first pc (which I saved for myself and it's worth something).
I know relatively good English but I used a translator to correct my grammar, I apologize for the mistakes.

Still a small question only for the hard drive (WDC WD15EARX-00PASB0 1500 gb). I bought 2 used almost the same hard drives and noticed that it has a lot of working hours. (RAID1)
The crystal disc tells me it’s GOOD but it has a lot of working hours.

1st
Temp 37 C
Transfer mode ---- | SATA / 300
Power on Count 420
Powe on Hours 422

2nd
Temp 39 C
Transfer mode SATA / 600 | SATA / 600
Power on Count 2885
Powe on Hours 29196

It seems to me like big numbers for a 2nd disc, is it safe to use it or should I try to get it back?

Thanks for reading, I am new so I will try to help others in the future.

It's my PC
iGame Colorful z490 Vulcan x v20 (not recommended, avoid)
10900K (satisfied)
Nochua nh d14 with 3 pwm industrial fans (recommend)
4x 16gb 3600mhz cl17 TridentZ
Zotac 1080Ti (Best I managed to find for 550 dollars)
2 ssd, 2hdd, other

Lutfij

Titan
I would've never invested in second hand disks if the disks you're in possession of are entrusted to keep your critical files. So if you will, manage a brand new disk and backup your data onto another storage drive if they are mission critical otherwise leave the drives live their lives out until they decide to croak.

^ that (question)should've been on another thread entirely but I answered it here since you seemed like you needed the assistance...

As for your fans question, I think you mean headers on the motherboard since slots aren't used by fans, rather PCIe cards/devices. If all your fans are PWM, why not invest in a PWM fan hub and tether all fans to said fan hub, then have hub tethered to the CPU_FAN header? I'm not very familiar with the motherboard you own but the advantage of investing in higher end boards or at least from reputable brands like Asus or Gigabyte is that there is a certain degree of control with their app's/BIOS in terms of managing fans in your system.

Reactions: Neod!mium
Hard drives:

I have a Western Digital 3 TB drive with 45093 hours on it that has zero problems at all, according to Crystal Disk Info and SMART.

It could fail in 10 minutes or last another 10 or 20 years. I have no way of knowing. Any new drive I might buy to replace it could fail within a week...I have no way of knowing that either.

I'd use the drive with 29,000 hours and make sure anything useful on it has been backed up to some other drive....just as I would do with a brand new drive.

Reactions: Neod!mium

Neod!mium

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
I would've never invested in second hand disks if the disks you're in possession of are entrusted to keep your critical files. So if you will, manage a brand new disk and backup your data onto another storage drive if they are mission critical otherwise leave the drives live their lives out until they decide to croak.

^ that (question)should've been on another thread entirely but I answered it here since you seemed like you needed the assistance...

As for your fans question, I think you mean headers on the motherboard since slots aren't used by fans, rather PCIe cards/devices. If all your fans are PWM, why not invest in a PWM fan hub and tether all fans to said fan hub, then have hub tethered to the CPU_FAN header? I'm not very familiar with the motherboard you own but the advantage of investing in higher end boards or at least from reputable brands like Asus or Gigabyte is that there is a certain degree of control with their app's/BIOS in terms of managing fans in your system.

My disks are in "mirror mode" so if I fail one I will notice, will I get some notification or something like that right?
Both disks are for the E partition (Will the system recognize that one disk is not working)?

I put that question here so I don’t do too many topics for a small question, I noticed that the admins don’t like it.

motherboard has:
2 CPUfan
4 Sysfan
1 12v rgb fan
3 5V rgb fan

In the bios, I can adjust the rotation speed with increasing temperature for
2cpufan and 4sysfan (all pmw, 4pin)
the others can't

In short, I do not understand why the rotation speed of system fans does not increase with the processor temperature.

system fans connected to the rgb controller 6pin and I can't adjust the speed at the moment and that's not the topic now.

I have one Pwm fan included in the Sysfan1 pwm port to test.
I noticed that as the CPU temperature rises, the fan from the sysfan1 port does not raise the rotation (although I set it to raise)

I see no reason why the rotation speed should not be increased (I tested in all ports) unless those fans increase the rotation speed with the temperature of the motherboard and not the processor.
If so, there's nothing I can do about it, can I?

to what temperature do the motherboards heat up approximately and what is the critical temperature for the motherboards in general?

Maybe I'll take the fan hub I'll see, but I don't see a reason why I'd take the hub when I have a lot of ports on the motherboard.

There is also a fan control panel in the bios, I would say that this board is based on the asus, although the asus is better, this is a copy.
I took it because I got it for 80 dollas new from YTber who did the rewiev.

This is how to bring the topic closer to you

Here are the links:
they are safe
you can download the instructions here
instructions are on about 20 pages (available in English)
you have instructions here, just translate the page into English with google translate

https://www.colorful.cn/product_show.aspx?mid=84&id=807

Tehnical support-> Manual

Also on the page is all the information about the motherboard if you think I said something wrong.

TRENDING THREADS