System freezes after upgrading to Ryzen 2600.

jedi-hamster

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
Good day, I had and old PC system which I decided to upgrade, I swapped half of my old components for a new line of ryzen 2600 CPU. I bought Ryzen 2600, ASRock AB350M PRO4 motherboard which had "Ryzen 2000 series ready" sticker on it and 1 stick of G.Skill 8GB 3200Mhz RAM.
My system looks like that:
700W PSU
GTX 660 3Gb
ASRock AB350M PRO4
Ryzen 2600 with stock Wraith Stealth on top
G.SKILL RipJawsV Series Black 8GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 F4-3200C16S-8GVKB20First I decided to put all the parts and boot my old windows, it worked perfectly until it froze after 20 minutes, after that it didn't work even for 5 minutes after booting. I started digging what could be the problem, is it motherboard, maybe RAM? I don't have any other DDR4 Ram so all I could is to try other RAM slots. Reinstalled windows, didn't help, system freezes after few minutes of using it. Then I started checking bios and to my surprise this motherboard ran only 3.0 version of BIOS, Ryzen 2600 requires minimum 4.7 bios version. So I thought maybe that's it, maybe all my problems are from ignorance of motherboard manufacturers. I flashed bios to 3.4 bridge, then I flashed it to 4.9. Now in bios settings it clearly shows that version is 4.9, but that didn't achieve anything...system still freezes after few minutes of using.
I will appreciate any help.

Solution
I searched ASRock AB350M pro freezing. Surprisingly there's quite a lot of posts regarding this issue with this mobo.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
After flashing bios always go back to bios and load defaults as practise so the cmos is refreshed with the new firmware data.

Check memory is running at rated speeds in the bios. If not, enable xmp profile in ai overclock tuner and make sure dram voltage is set to 1.35v.

jedi-hamster

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

I did everything you suggested, loaded defaults, changed RAM speed from 2133 Auto to 3200 and set 1.35v. Nothing changed, still freezes

jedi-hamster

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

Well I already managed to install latest nvidia drivers before it froze. Freeze time varies from 5 to 10 minutes.
I'll try to boot and leave it on idle and see for how long will it live if I don't touch anything.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What are you doing when it freezes?

I actually meant not install any gpu drivers just in case the 660 is at fault. Only reason being it's not a uefi card and even though it boots fine there could be a complications, just a thought.

jedi-hamster

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

Freezes when I do almost anything, trying to download any game through steam, watching Twitch, serfing internet. I understood, will try to use it without gpu drivers.

jedi-hamster

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

I ran memtest and it showed 0 errors, also I tried booting without any nvidia drivers, still freezes. At this point I'm near to giving up and believe this motherboard has some serious issues, just don't want to look like an idiot when I bring it back to the store and they point me up a very simple mistake.

jedi-hamster

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

Will bring it back to the store and get motherboard from different manufacturer, anyway thanks for your help a lot, you taught me few new things, not the first time I was upgrading my pc but never had such problems.

cykamancer

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

How did you fix it? Working fine or you now?

jedi-hamster

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

No, at service center they confirmed that motherboard had a defect, so they returned money.