[SOLVED] System Freezing, random shut offs

Apr 15, 2020
please let me know if this is the correct forum to post this in.

I have had this issue over the last few months and has started to just annoy me overall. I first noticed when booting up my pc whenever I would type in my password or load into the main page it would just freeze and I would have to reset the computer 2-4 times before it workes. I can have my pc on sleep and it will randomly wake itself up in the middle of the night and freeze on its own. Worse case i've had is a bad windows boot where i need a recovery boot in this instance the VGA and boot error light will either flash or remain solid. It has now gotten to the point where it will randomly stop working as in pc is still on but all i get is a black screen. I have tried different rams, display port cables, hard-drives, and re downloading windows. Nothing to this point has come close to working and the issue is still apparent.

Parts:

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor

Motherboard Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI-CF

Memory Team group 16gb (8gb x 2) 2400 mb

GPU Radeon RX 580 Series (Polaris)

Storage (HDD/SSD)Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162

Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bitless…Like

Solution
Same happening to me.
Processor ryzen 3600
Corsair vengeance rbg pro 3200mhz 16gb
Rx580 nitro plus
Cv650 psu
B450 aorus pro wifi f51 bios

Video link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2MHc04rG3iBZ9zryKGILc6HocCeK6_L/view?usp=drivesdk

I actually found the issue about 3 weeks ago and forgot to update. So I updated to a new PSU and it still continued with stutters and crashes. Kept reading up on the issue and turns out their is a compatibility issue with my graphics card on the RX580 couldn't remember if it was the card in general or the software with the board. I did a complete wipe of the AMD software picked up a used 2070 Super NVIDIA and no issues whatsoever now.
Corsair CX650M 80 Plus Bronze

I think this is a model of seagate that was in that "bad batch" of seagate that happened a while ago. I would not be surprised if this was the case. Download Crystal Disk Info to check the health of that HDD.

It could be your PSU. Not that it's a bad PSU but it's average. Entry lvl PSU. How old is that PSU?

I just realized you said you tried another drive etc. I will say PSU at this point or GPU.

Apr 15, 2020
Same happening to me.
Processor ryzen 3600
Corsair vengeance rbg pro 3200mhz 16gb
Rx580 nitro plus
Cv650 psu
B450 aorus pro wifi f51 bios

Video link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2MHc04rG3iBZ9zryKGILc6HocCeK6_L/view?usp=drivesdk

I actually found the issue about 3 weeks ago and forgot to update. So I updated to a new PSU and it still continued with stutters and crashes. Kept reading up on the issue and turns out their is a compatibility issue with my graphics card on the RX580 couldn't remember if it was the card in general or the software with the board. I did a complete wipe of the AMD software picked up a used 2070 Super NVIDIA and no issues whatsoever now.

Solution
Apr 15, 2020

I think this is a model of seagate that was in that "bad batch" of seagate that happened a while ago. I would not be surprised if this was the case. Download Crystal Disk Info to check the health of that HDD.

It could be your PSU. Not that it's a bad PSU but it's average. Entry lvl PSU. How old is that PSU?

I just realized you said you tried another drive etc. I will say PSU at this point or GPU.
Ended up being the GPU it works fine with another PC I built with a different board. I think the MB I have has compatibility with AMD graphics drivers because once I switched to a NVIDIA graphics card all issues went away

Ended up being the GPU it works fine with another PC I built with a different board. I think the MB I have has compatibility with AMD graphics drivers because once I switched to a NVIDIA graphics card all issues went away

Nah that board doesn't have issues with AMD GPU's or drivers. It's probably just the GPU itself having an issue. I'm glad you found the problem!

Apr 15, 2020
Nah that board doesn't have issues with AMD GPU's or drivers. It's probably just the GPU itself having an issue. I'm glad you found the problem!
Thanks, and that’s what I thought as well but the thing is the card works perfectly fine in another build I did with really the only difference being the board. I went with the an msi b450 instead and used same memory hdd etc for testing purposes. Card is healthy and still works which leads me to believe it was the board and the software having issues.

Sep 16, 2020
Hi Salim987.

Please start a thread with your issue and I will help you.
Ok my today I have returened the motherboard. I also think that gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi is not compatible with the ryzen 3600 idle mode. Today it got rebooted while watching youtube on microsoft edge.

Sep 16, 2020
Mine rx580 nitro plus works great on b450 tomahawk and ryzen 3600. Thats the bios issue or something else in gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi