Question System/hardware issue

Mar 5, 2024
This will be a long read I apologise but I wqnt to be as clear and precise as possible for maybe a miracle to occur.

About six months ago I built my second pc and apart from some teething issues at the start it has ran flawlessly.

Systems specs are
MOTHERBOARD AORUS B550 ELITE AX V2
2X 8GB OF CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM
AMD 5700G CPU WITH STOCK COOLER
CORSAIR RM750 PSU
GPU RADEON 6700XT
2 GENERIC 1TB SSD

But as of two days ago my system decided to randomly turn on sometimes and not other times.
There does seem to be a particular issue where some times the usb ports work and sometimes don't as indicated by my back-lit accessories and if they don't light up my pc fails to boot.

When my system decides to boot it'll boot with no irregularities as far as I can see and it'll last an unspecified amount of time before it will do it's thing which is where the pc seems to remain powered on because the cpu and system fan remain powered and spinning but the screen goes blank and I can't seem to anything other than hard shut down the system via the button front or rear of the system.

When the system is on I can't find any irregularities the system does not run hot indicating overheating there seems to be no problems as far as I can tell

My pcs main motherboard is an AUROS b550 ELITE V2 and when there is a issue with your device it'll glow orange that apparently indicates a RAM GPU OR CPU problem.

I have reseated the cpu and seems fine I have removed and put the gpu in both the main PCIE and one of the two secondary slots and still seems to function but because of the display going blank it could possibly be the bad hardware have swapped the RAMS into the two opposite ram slots and I've reconnected all the cables and still the same result and the MB Still has that glowing indicating a fault.

I have e also removed and reset the cmos battery doesn't seem to have done anything

So if I was to give a verdict it's either the actual motherboard has gone faulty or its the GPU has a possible fault.

I know I'm gonna have to end up replacing something ffs but I'd rather not have to buy literally a new MB GPU CPU OR PSU + RAM effectively a new pc just to find out its one particular thing.

I know this is a long shot and maybe something can or cant help but has anyone got any idea what the F is wrong with my pc

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024
After alot of messing around I've narrowed it down to being 90% a fault with the GPU.
I'm leaving a slight margin for error that being the psu but until I get a replacement GPU and test it with it I can't completely rule that one.
But it's definitely not a CPU MB or RAM issue

What might have changed in the last two days?
Perhaps windows pushed out a less than optimal gpu driver .

You could try reinstalling the graphics drivers, or, use system restore to reset your pc back to when all was well.