ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
IN WIN GreenMe 650W
SAPPHIRE 100355-1GOCL Radeon HD 7850
GeIL EVO Leggara Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
ZALMAN CNPS8900 Extreme
Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB
Windos 7 Home OEM

I installed windows, drivers, went online and updated, and then shut down the system (it turned on and off just fine over the two days I worked on it).

From here I packaged the system in the original packing and drove it to my friends place (the owner).

The system could not boot, but would go to an error message prompting a system restore. System restore would not work, even using the windows cd. From here I decided it must be a windows update error, so I formatted the SSD and began to install windows a second time.

I left the room and came back to check progress, instead finding an unresponsive computer (no video out). So I used the power button to shut down, getting to where I am now. The computer will not produce video, and does not power a USB mouse/ keyboard.

What I have tried (following the guide)
1. Check all connections (removed and inspected individually)
2. Removed GPU and CMOS battery (while unplugged and PSU off), replaced after 3 min.
3. Attempted booting with only one stick of ram (tried both slots too).
4. Power light and all fans power up.
5. case does not have a speaker.
6. Attempted booting with only one HD plugged in.

I already had a DOA Biostar board for this system. I used Arctic Silver products to remove old thermal paste, and their #5 paste to complete the new system.

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
You have a pretty good system except for your PS. You have been fairly thorough but here is the list for startup problems and another list about PS's and your brand is listed as Tier5 and Not Recommended. You really don't want to get a good deal on the PS, it is way too important!

Startup List: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Tier 5 power supplies are NOT RECOMMENDED. If you have one, you should strongly consider replacing it ASAP. These can damage your computer, and often cannot put out the power that they're rated for. If a brand name is listed here, then all models from that brand name are considered to be Tier 5, except for those specific models listed above.

PS List: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx