[SOLVED] System Idle Process using CPU while gaming

Dec 26, 2020
So, I have had a laptop for quite a while now, and I installed Windows 8 on it, since Windows 10 isn't really suitable for gaming on low spec hardwares, and I have had quite a performance boost. Whenever I'm not heavily using my CPU, the System Idle Process uses quite a lot of it, which is understandable.. but whenever I play SOME games like Terraria, Roblox etc the process uses all of my CPU, while the game runs with low fps. How can I make the game use the CPU, and not the process? I tried putting high or realtime priority on games, but the system idle process still manages to use most of the processor. My CPU is an AMD Radeon E1-6010 APU with Radeon R2 Graphics and 4GB RAM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) (And yes, this issue has happened on Windows 10 as well.)

Solution
system idle process isn't a process. I mean, its not actually doing anything. Its just the pc way of showing the difference between 100% CPU usage and none.

System Idle is the process that runs when the computer has absolutely nothing better to do (in other words it is waiting for some other process to need more CPU resources).
https://superuser.com/questions/934106/how-to-terminate-system-idle-process

if idle is using all CPU, CPU isn't doing anything at all.

I guess it means the games really aren't a great stress on CPU if it can sit there doing nothing while you play them.

Colif

Win 11 Master
system idle process isn't a process. I mean, its not actually doing anything. Its just the pc way of showing the difference between 100% CPU usage and none.

System Idle is the process that runs when the computer has absolutely nothing better to do (in other words it is waiting for some other process to need more CPU resources).
https://superuser.com/questions/934106/how-to-terminate-system-idle-process

if idle is using all CPU, CPU isn't doing anything at all.

I guess it means the games really aren't a great stress on CPU if it can sit there doing nothing while you play them.

Last edited:
Solution