Question System instability/Boot up issues

Jan 2, 2022
Hello, I've been dealing for a while with some issues regarding boot up or system instability in general. This 4-ish year old PC generally works fine under high loads, no high temperatures or performance issues whatsoever, however I have these following problems:

• Very brief freezes: sound "freezes", mouse leds flicker, usually happens infrequently under high loads but not always (started happening within the last 4-6 months);
  • While playing games, typically under some stress, all peripherals suddenly shut down, everything inside the case still works, no audio, no input, no blue screen essentially forcing me to shut down the rig (a bit rare, happens maybe once every three weeks);
  • I start up the pc but only everything inside the case works, peripherals don't get connected and it stays that way until I shut it down, sometimes it's fixed by attempting to boot up multiple times, strangely enough it usually got fixed by removing a single ram stick and attempting to boot up again, this problem happens frequently, I'd say minimum 5 times a week;
  • Occasionally while being on desktop , after starting some applications, the taskbar and pretty much everything else, except for the cursor and audio, would freeze and load indefinitely forcing me to shutdown.
These problems happen very inconsistently, which made it much harder for me to identify what's wrong, there's nothing that causes this to happen consistently, before writing this up I've tried plenty of things such as updating drivers (GPU, BIOS), doing MemTest86 (0 errors), disk checkup, system file checker, anti-virus scans, benchmarks, etc over the course of many months in an attempt to fix it, unfortunately it always came back.
I considered three components that might be faulty: RAM, Motherboard and PSU. I swapped the old PSU with a brand new from corsair stated below in the specs, problem persisted, did memtest86 as aforementioned, no errors found which only leaves the motherboard. I will take a uneducated guess and say it's the motherboard due to the lack of blue screens and strange behavior, perhaps it has issues recognizing components/peripherals? I don't know. Is my motherboard faulty or could it be something else that might be causing this?

In advance, thank you for your help and patience.

PC Specs:

GPU >> Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

CPU >> Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

Motherboard >> Asus TUF B450M plus gaming

RAM >> HyperX Predator 2x8 GB 3200 MHz (set at 2933 MHz, 2 years old)

PSU >> Corsair TX750M (Gold, 750W, <1 year old)

Storage >> Kingston A400 SSD (960 GB)

OS >> Windows 10 64-bit

Note: This rig is not overclocked.

Jan 2, 2022
what kind of hard drive do you have i had a similar issue until i switched from a sata drive to m2 drive. apparently old hd was going out but not causing errors
I'm using a Kingston SATA A400 Solid-State Drive, I just got their software named Kingston SSD Manager, aside from some wear (7%) it told me it's healthy overall and has no failures/warnings.