[SOLVED] System interrupts and Microsoft compatibility telemetry high CPU

Mar 16, 2020
Recently my computer has been freezing about every hour or so and when I have left task manager open it shows that just after the freeze, System Interrupts and Microsoft Compatibility Telemtry both max out my CPU.
I have tried resetting my computer. Deleting temp files. Running commands such as "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth". Updating windows. Updating drivers. Resetting winsock.
Any information with fixing the freezing would be helpful.

I have windows 10 version 2004
1660 super
Intel i5 9400f
tuf z370 plus gaming
16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Huntkey GS 600w PSU

Solution
i find that installing spybot anti-beacon stops all that nonsense.

i've had a fresh install immediately max out the cpu on first boot. install ant-beacon and all of a sudden it never happens again!! it's just all that built in spyware cataloguing your entire system to upload to MS serves. give it a shot and it'll prob fix the issue for you as well.

don't worry its a freebie

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

i've had a fresh install immediately max out the cpu on first boot. install ant-beacon and all of a sudden it never happens again!! it's just all that built in spyware cataloguing your entire system to upload to MS serves. give it a shot and it'll prob fix the issue for you as well.

Solution
Mar 16, 2020

Thank you! So far it seems to have worked.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
from what i have seen and tested, those telemetry calls come from mostly the MS servers and not something scheduled on the pc itself.

so the anti-beacon blocks the requests so the machine never runs the "feature". it is still fully capable of performing it and i have triggered it on my own test bed to verify it is still there. but since MS server can't request it to run, then it does not :)

Mar 16, 2020

So after using application for a bit, I have noticed that it decreases the amount of freezing; however, over the past week I have still got between 0 - 2 freezes a day. I have checked and those freezes are still occur when System interrupts uses a large amount of the CPU usage. Do you have any further ideas?

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you need to figure out what process is the problem. lots of things it could be sadly.

process explorer is like a beefed up task manager that shows a lot more detail. this should help shed some light on what process is causing the issue. then once you know, you can disable it or change how it works or whatever depending on what the process is.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Mar 16, 2020
you need to figure out what process is the problem. lots of things it could be sadly.

process explorer is like a beefed up task manager that shows a lot more detail. this should help shed some light on what process is causing the issue. then once you know, you can disable it or change how it works or whatever depending on what the process is.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

News from the latest freeze. I turned on my computer and had been doing various things on google for about 2 hours. I open file explorer for the first time and it immediatly freezes.
Here is a link to a picture of Process Explorer as it froze: View: https://imgur.com/Wr4aNAT

Thank you for your help!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you're issues are not related to telemetry then. this is a hardware issue. here's a simple write up on dpc's and what they might mean

it is suggesting that this may be related to streaming of some kind, but that depends on what you might be doing at the time the errors happen.

i'd run windows update and be sure all your drivers are up to date and then an sfc scan

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

to see if any windows related files are the problem. that's a good start