[SOLVED] System is not powering on ?

Abs2428

Commendable
Mar 17, 2019
i have Dell Optiplex 990.

When I plug power cord to power, PC does not get power, even the LED light of PSU doesn't turn on, I press power button but it still doesn't turn on. But when I press PSU diagnostic button, PSU turns on , PSU LED turns on, CPU Fan also turns on, but there's no display.

What is the problem? Help me.

Solution
the edge is slightly broken, so the doesn't makes and sound while inserting RAM module, Unfortunately i dnt have any picture from it now, because I am at home right now and the PC is in the academy
I think your best bet is to try it with a different motherboard.
If you dont have it,i quess taking it into a pc service is not a bad option.

Abs2428

Commendable
Mar 17, 2019
no i dnt hear anything, because power supply doesnt transfer power, when i press diagnostic PSU button then it gets power and transfers power but nothing displays and no beep

Abs2428

Commendable
Mar 17, 2019
To be honest with you i dont know, the max i left it out was 1 minute.
i just checked it with another PSU, still the same issue no change, but i found there an edge of RAM slot was broken, i guess something forcefully pressed on board maybe, that it is not turning on, but when i press PSU diagnostic power button, the cpu and case fan turns on, PSU LED also turns on but no beep code and no dell diagnostic lights and no display

the edge is slightly broken, so the doesn't makes and sound while inserting RAM module, Unfortunately i dnt have any picture from it now, because I am at home right now and the PC is in the academy
I think your best bet is to try it with a different motherboard.
If you dont have it,i quess taking it into a pc service is not a bad option.

Reactions: Abs2428
Solution