System is not working , please help

samwaz

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
My system is not working , after a lightning srtike near my building, I was watching a youtube video, and it happend so suddenly , it was unpredictable , my router died just there , monitor displaying no signal, Rog q code shows b2 error,no beeb sound and every peripherals lights up nd working , fans moving, and switched it off from the main, switched it on again but the problem remains. Monitor showing no signal. My config:

Cpu: i7 4790K
Mobo: maximus VII hero
Graphics :Nvidia GTX 650Ti
PSU:Corsair RM650x
Ram: Corsair 1866 mhz 8GB
Ssd:Kingston
Hdd:Seagate
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
It's difficult to say why just the graphics card would have been damaged by a power surge. I'm not certain that it is bad, that's why I suggested putting it in another computer. If it works in another computer it could be either a BIOS setting that got messed up because of the power surge or something in the motherboard or CPU was damaged.

The other option would be to try another graphics card if you have one.

You could also try like bgunner suggested and reset your CMOS, the procedure is detailed in your motherboard manual. Just make sure you have the computer unplugged when you do it.

Nearly every graphics card that I've ever seen fail still had the fans spinning and the power LED light up. That just tell you that the card is...
If removing the graphics card doesn't work, I would unplug everything you don't need to POST. So all your drives, leave out the graphics card you've already removed, only use one stick of RAM if you have more than one. Essentially the only thing that should be connected to the motherboard is the ATX power connector, the CPU / EPS power connector and your front panel switches / LED's.

If removing the graphics card allowed your system to boot successfully it looks like the graphics card is toast. To make sure, try it in another system if you've got one, or a friend or family members.

It's difficult to say why just the graphics card would have been damaged by a power surge. I'm not certain that it is bad, that's why I suggested putting it in another computer. If it works in another computer it could be either a BIOS setting that got messed up because of the power surge or something in the motherboard or CPU was damaged.

The other option would be to try another graphics card if you have one.

You could also try like bgunner suggested and reset your CMOS, the procedure is detailed in your motherboard manual. Just make sure you have the computer unplugged when you do it.

Nearly every graphics card that I've ever seen fail still had the fans spinning and the power LED light up. That just tell you that the card is getting power, it doesn't mean that it's able to initialize.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS