[SOLVED] System keeps reminding me it has detected "file system corruption" on local disk ?

ZinerX

Commendable
May 18, 2021
hello, i tried to restore my pc to a restore point but there's an error of "detected file system corruption on local disk" that pops up.
i tried chkdsk C: /r /f but all it did is only do a scan and repair on bootup and after booting up it still gives the same file system corruption. whats wrong?
Windows 11 installed on samsung 980

Solution
right click start button
choose windows terminal (admin)
if it opens as command prompt, choose the arrow in header and pick Pwershell
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start button
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Solution

ZinerX

Commendable
May 18, 2021
right click start button
and press enter

SFC /scannow returns "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"
Repair returns as follows:
Path :
Online : True
ImageHealthState : Healthy
RestartNeeded : False

problem still persists

Colif

Win 11 Master
why do you want to restore to a restore point anyway?

do you only get error when you try to do that? seems chkdsk and sfc are the 2 most common answers to question.
another is defrag but that doesn't apply to a nvme
A 4th solution is reset the PC.

which takes me back to asking why you were running system restore? AS there might be an alternative to a reset.

ZinerX

Commendable
May 18, 2021
why do you want to restore to a restore point anyway?

do you only get error when you try to do that? seems chkdsk and sfc are the 2 most common answers to question.
another is defrag but that doesn't apply to a nvme
A 4th solution is reset the PC.

which takes me back to asking why you were running system restore? AS there might be an alternative to a reset.
messed up a bit of stuff while debloating the system, now the system time keeps resetting after reboot, thought i could restore and see if that helps

D

Deleted member 14196

I only use WinAero Tweaker to debloat for win 10. In that way you can just roll back your changes if something breaks

Colif

Win 11 Master
Would be bad luck if the debloating action itself broke the system restore function and its reversal function relied on system restore. the only way out of that would be a backup but I expect if you debloating, you may not make an image of a clean install as why? you don't want to save that, you would back up the slimmer version.

I don't find windows bloated really. Most modern PC can run it easy without needing to remove things you never use, and that never load. Its not like your PC is a mobile phone, most people have a fast enough CPU, enough ram and storage to not notice the difference these programs make... if they work right. If they don't work, well... its a possible reinstall and start again.