[SOLVED] System not powering on correctly

Dec 17, 2019
My pc currently is having an issue where it will when trying to boot spin fans up in rpm but act like it is boot cycling but no lights are turning off nor are the fans turning off. It usually takes about 4-5minutes for it to boot or it takes me turning It off and on to get it to work. I have tried reseating the CPU. trying different ram and different slots. I don't think it is the PSU because in the Bios it tells me the volts are around normal, just like half a volt above or below normal.

Solution
Do you think it would be a PSU issue? I know I might have ruled it out. But that was when it was on in the Bios.
I don't think it's that either.
It'd be one hell of a coincidence for it to start acting up right after you changed a few parts...
Going back to what you changed - it was working fine before. Try to rule out the 3 of them first.

Case: Double check all your psu,storage, and system panel(maybe you cris-crossed one of them? They're labeled in the mobo manual if you don't know what it is) connections. Make sure the gpu and ram are fully seated.
Or perhaps you scratched something on the mobo during the swap? I've made this mistake before - short version, sound would only play through 1 of 2 speakers... fortunately, I had...
Dec 17, 2019
i7-7700K
Crucial Ballistix 32gb 3200Mhz
AsRock z270 Sli Killer
EVGA rtx 2070 OC ultra
EVGA 850w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Commander Case
My system was already set up before, I got a new case new ram and a new Cpu cooler, after installing the new stuff it no longer powered on correctly.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
My system was already set up before, I got a new case new ram and a new Cpu cooler, after installing the new stuff it no longer powered on correctly.
It was fine before the new stuff... old ram didn't change anything...

Since you moved into a new case, I would double check all your plugins to make sure nothing is loose.
Double check your cooler mount, as it's possible to over-tighten the screws - but before that, take the cpu out and check the mobo socket for any bent or broken pins. You might need a magnifying glass for this.
Make sure to not over-tighten the screws when remounting the cooler. When the screwdriver stops, you stop. No gruntwork.

Dec 17, 2019
It was fine before the new stuff... old ram didn't change anything...

Since you moved into a new case, I would double check all your plugins to make sure nothing is loose.
Double check your cooler mount, as it's possible to over-tighten the screws - but before that, take the cpu out and check the mobo socket for any bent or broken pins. You might need a magnifying glass for this.
Make sure to not over-tighten the screws when remounting the cooler. When the screwdriver stops, you stop. No gruntwork.
Okay Ill check the cooler when I get home. I was going to check the Standoffs as well when I get home thinking maybe the Mobo isn't grounded correctly. Do you think that may be the issue?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Do you think it would be a PSU issue? I know I might have ruled it out. But that was when it was on in the Bios.
It'd be one hell of a coincidence for it to start acting up right after you changed a few parts...
Going back to what you changed - it was working fine before. Try to rule out the 3 of them first.

Case: Double check all your psu,storage, and system panel(maybe you cris-crossed one of them? They're labeled in the mobo manual if you don't know what it is) connections. Make sure the gpu and ram are fully seated.
Or perhaps you scratched something on the mobo during the swap? I've made this mistake before - short version, sound would only play through 1 of 2 speakers... fortunately, I had an old sound card laying around and was able to remedy that.

Ram: Perhaps a defective memory stick? You can use the free version of Memtest86: https://www.memtest86.com/

Cooler: Over-tightening one or more screws, causing excessive pressure to bend pins within the socket, or the cooler's fan and LED headers weren't plugged correctly.

Solution
Dec 17, 2019

Or perhaps you scratched something on the mobo during the swap? I've made this mistake before - short version, sound would only play through 1 of 2 speakers... fortunately, I had an old sound card laying around and was able to remedy that.

Ram: Perhaps a defective memory stick? You can use the free version of Memtest86: https://www.memtest86.com/

Cooler: Over-tightening one or more screws, causing excessive pressure to bend pins within the socket, or the cooler's fan and LED headers weren't plugged correctly.
Okay so I figured out that it was a mixup in one of the fan cables I believe, so far it has booted into the bios with hardly any issues. It is only when I get into the bios that I have issues. I updated the Bios and apparently it didnt take. it hits me with the MESpilock failed downgrade Error when I try to boot into windows. And when I try to go into the Bios advanced settings to try and fix it the computer immediately restarts like it crashes in the bios. Also when trying to load into windows it tells me that I need to set up a proper boot drive. Im about to cry lol

Dec 17, 2019
Okay so I figured out that it was a mixup in one of the fan cables I believe, so far it has booted into the bios with hardly any issues. It is only when I get into the bios that I have issues. I updated the Bios and apparently it didnt take. it hits me with the MESpilock failed downgrade Error when I try to boot into windows. And when I try to go into the Bios advanced settings to try and fix it the computer immediately restarts like it crashes in the bios. Also when trying to load into windows it tells me that I need to set up a proper boot drive. Im about to cry lol
Now it will Post but not go into the bios, When pressing F2 or Del it just resets.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador